Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

im liking the track ball on the throttle and joystick. damn that touch screen looks sexy (well it might not be lol)

I dont know how long they have been in there but, Sandi said that the jackets are in the store.

Last edited:
Even the Entry level model looks nice.

The High end one looks amazing with that OLED screen on it.

Trackball on throttle and stick on Saitek Star Citizen Hotas, love that

qvHjnVP.png

eMibZ2f.png

PmHFxMB.png

hmkQmXS.png

I think we know why they went with MadCatz / Saitek. I doubt any other manufacturer was interested in going this in depth.

nice they gave the crowed the opportunity to buy the glaive as well if they finish the 18 levels.

Yay look at the crew station!

CONNIE!

IDRIS IS FLYING!

Last edited:
Saying Saitek and "high end" in the same sentence...is quite laughable.

Wish they went with CH or Thrustmaster for either of these.

Both Mad Catz/Saitek are known in the flight sim world as being quite cheaply made and breaking after a short while no where near the quality or longevity of either CH or Thrustmaster setups.

Those Star Citizen controller products have as much of a good chance of bombing as the game itself.

The multicrew stuff was great to see actually functioning. Looked really good.

Well that's great I'm going on f'n vacation for a week, I swear they pull this stupid sale shit for limited stuff at the worst possible time for me. I can already smell the grey market sellers shitting themselves over getting to these first.

If this is accurate, I really hope they update the Scythe to some sort of "Scythe Ace" variant. Selling a larger run of what seems to be a more powerful Vanduul ship seems contrary to what they've said thus far about Vanduul ships.

One question is if these "replica" Glaives will come with LTI, if they will be available in the public universe normally, and/or if they will be under the same "no insurance, can't buy them through supply chain must capture, hard to find parts" paradigm as the Scythe. After all, if they're manufactured replicas and there are at least 1000 of them, it stands to reason they will be far more accessible in game. If this means they are somehow lacking compared to "real" Glaives, that remains to be seen.

It seems like Scythe owners get the short end of the stick unless changes are made. However, I'm interested to see what may develop in the meantime.

Wow, watched the presentation... so glad they're making a proper high end HOTAS. More on this later...

Edit: Figured someone else would screencap by the time I came back to my message. I'm not ready to be to worried about Saitek as of yet at least on the joystick level, as it seems true to form this is a completely new product. For instance, it may be based on the X-65F, yet it seems to have a mobile stick, not simply a force sensing one - at least by the design.

Edit2: Glaives are $350!

I wont lie, I am pretty dam interested in the entry level sticks they have there. Going to wait for reviews to see if saitek stepped up their QA.

What I'm hoping comes out of the glaive thing is that there will be a source for ship parts for any of alien ships.

Edit: Autocorrectness

Last edited:
edit:

never mind I'm to busy to do that. I guess I'll just have to wait till I get back from vacation.

So depressed :(

Last edited:
Looks like the retaliator base and modules all have LTI on them. Hmm...

Wait, they say they do but the torpedo modules only have 24 month in the info, odd.

Last edited:
hmmm it seems the Glaive has 2 year insurance?

I'm cool with it then, that would probably mean you can get one in game that is insurable which would be great.

I picked up one of the LTI base Retalaitors, at $150 that feels pretty cheap price wise even if it comes empty of modules.

Melted a $50 Reliant, and an extra tracker to super upgrade to pay for half of it.

My Reliant was actually a possible CCU path for something like a retaliator any way so this worked out.

And here i thought buying that gaming chair would seal the deal on me not getting anything during the flash sale.. lol

So now my Fleet..

Idris-P, 890 Jump, Phoenix, Retaliator (base), Super Hornet, M50, Mustang Omega.

Last edited:
lol I think i just talked my friend into coming over and playing some swarm to see if he can get it on my account. I promised him $50 but he doesn't know much about the game lol sucker haha. If they offer this as an insurable game obtainable item them I could care less about buying one. I just want to be able to have one in game without worrying about losing it every time i see someone.

I'm thinking about melting my bound physical hornet package for a Retaliator and getting a basic cargo module. I need to read more about it though.

Packages, where are the game packages? I can't bring myself to melt one of my LTI game packages for a stand alone ship.

Yeah I wish they would sell packages as well, or some kind of a la carte, build a package system. I got so many packages from the AMD omega stuff it doesn't matter I think im still around 18 or something.

It looks like there is a report that on the buy page for the Glaive it says the following.

"A limited number of additional Vanduul designs may be available through this process in the future as Naval Intelligence reviews new designs and attempts to reverse-engineer them.

If that's the case this a great way to get around the Vanduul no insurance crap.

I haven't had time to find out yet but did anyone figure out what the old retaliator came with? I had to head to meetings just as the multicrew thing started.

Was the 890 a perm addition to the store with LTI? Just noticed this when I was looking at tali modules. It added to my cart fine. I already have one but if it's a glitch and someone wants one, it's up with LTI if that makes a difference to ya.

erHfqE3DPEuVUTTYIwstc8wCN7cfZDHvXuaYyXslrGI=w1235-h780-no

Old 'tali comes with both torpedo bays.

Thank you sir.

Did you attend the event back in the day where they announced it? it gave those who where there a badge on the store to buy one.

Back