Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I have 60MB down and the launcher isn't going any faster than 500KB/s, is this normal?

No download limits, not being throttled, and I've tried all the connection types in the options.

Is the game out? Or what are people playing? How do I play :)

there is an alpha module called arena commander, when you buy the game or pledge package that has an arena commander pass it lets you download and go in to your hangar and play some alpha game modes like team death match, or vanduul swarm (AI) modes as well as capture for core (flag) and a new racing mode.

game is super super early and no persistent universe yet so keep in mind this is pre alpha

this is the cheapest package that includes the arena commander pass

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Arena-Commander-Starter

but you can buy any package that does not have the arena commander pass and pay $5 more to buy the arena commander past on its own. but you need a full game package including the pass.

if you do pledge for the game we do have an organization that is made of of mostly [H]ard members here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/DOKAZON you are welcome to join our once you get the game, owning the game is required to join any organization.

if have any more questions about the game feel free to ask. it can be a pain to sift through this monster thread.

I have 60MB down and the launcher isn't going any faster than 500KB/s, is this normal?

No download limits, not being throttled, and I've tried all the connection types in the options.

i have 50-60mb down and mine went at around 2-3MB about half my down bandwidth.

Seems to be a work around where you can add "r_motionblur = 0" to user.cfg and it will disable motion blur, seem to work with a lot of the console commands.

Gave that a try, used the same command to cap framerate (sys_maxfps=70) and artifacts are now gone as they were in the past. Thanks!

I'm not sure if they mean it tripled in size from before the original concepts, or if they mean after, If it's after it would be around 250m which would be crazy big. I won't complain if it's that big though lol

Someone on the forums posted that James Pugh said that the Starfarer is currently 280m on the Reverse the Verse.

That would make it the largest ship currently in the game which is hard to believe but one can hope. ;)

why is everything so pixelly? i have the same issue when i play on my rig too, is it like that for everyone? the detail is great and looking at stuff close up is beautiful but looking at any angles lines from a distance just looks terrible to me, more so than in any other game i've played recently. is this something that will be fixed or do i need AA or what?

AA doesnt help.

It looks horrible IMO.

Guys im not a happy camper right now, When I try to play with my new Asus 27in Rog Swift running Gysnc with 2 or 3 cards ( 780 Gtxs ) I get complete screen distortion/tearing. If I run with just 1 card all is fine. Im sure its a Nvidia driver / Gsync bug but it sucks!!!!

Guys im not a happy camper right now, When I try to play with my new Asus 27in Rog Swift running Gysnc with 2 or 3 cards ( 780 Gtxs ) I get complete screen distortion/tearing. If I run with just 1 card all is fine. Im sure its a Nvidia driver / Gsync bug but it sucks!!!!

Perhaps you missed the memo, but SLI/Crossfire is one of those things on their to-do list.

Oh LOL! I havnt logged in a couple months. OK ill try one card and Gsync again. I cant wait until this sucker is done. Ill plan some of my vacation time around it.

yeah do not worry about it right now, sli is not set up, but you can do things like limit the fps to 70 and turn off vsync and not sure what else to alleviate the issues a little.

Someone on the forums posted that James Pugh said that the Starfarer is currently 280m on the Reverse the Verse.

That would make it the largest ship currently in the game which is hard to believe but one can hope. ;)

I watched Reverse the verse but I can't remember hearing anything like that. However I'll be happy if my "ship" is bigger than Loriens haha.

going to turn my stream on and try some racing i guess, i did install my track ir but i have not set up the sense but it will be on. twitch.tv/wildace

I watched Reverse the verse but I can't remember hearing anything like that. However I'll be happy if my "ship" is bigger than Loriens haha.

just remember lorien has a rail gun 1/4th the size of his ship

I should come up with some kind of "just the tip" joke but I think I've said enough lol

But you're forgetting I have more fuel and can go on seemingly forever not to mention all the ships will require my "sustenance" giggity giggity.... ;)

Hmm it looks like everyone who bought packages that came with 6 or 8 inch ship models is getting an upgrade to the 10 inch model for free. Best thing is if you bought the 10 inch model already you are getting $125 in store credit to spend however you want.

If you are receiving this message, it means your Constellation model is getting bigger! Your package included a 6 inch Constellation model, which we are upgrading to a 10 inch model free of charge. And the best news of all: your models will start shipping very soon instead of when Star Citizen launches!

There's one more step to getting your model: we've added $125 in store credit to your account, which you can use to order a 10" Constellation model. If you have already purchased a 10" Constellation model or if you would rather have something else in place of your model then the store credit can be used towards anything! The credit will not expire, so if you choose not to purchase a model you may apply it to a future promotion. If you do choose to use the credit towards the model please do so ASAP as we only have a limited number available.

Thank you for your support of Star Citizen! You are part of an elite group that has gone above and beyond in making this game possible. The larger model is a small token of our appreciation; we hope you enjoy it! Cheers, CIG Customer Support

That's nice of them, aren't those the $1000 and up packages?

They always seemed a bit lacking in items so I think that's a decent bonus.

To be honest I think the majority of the people bitching and moaning are either making money off the grey market or bought them on the grey market.

I was able to snag the racing suit earlier today, funny thing was I tried 2 or 3 times with this damn $10 amex gift card I had laying around but the stupid "stripe" payment option put a $1 hold on my card so it got denied each time. I finally broke down and used another card, apparently I was able to get in through shortly before they pulled it from the web site. So now I have a defacto LTI Lightspeed package for $115, hopefully those whiny little shits will have a heart attack about that.

I wish I would have known people where moaning about if before it happened, I would have grabbed a few more for others.

Wow, so that was the longest hour and half I've had for awhile lol. I have a 150+ mbps connection and it didn't seem to do a damn thing for me lol...

Anyway I think I really like the way the new after burners work, it always seemed weird that they would increase my top speed in space when obviously my ship could go faster, now it just boosts all the thrusters into making you hit the top speed faster. For some odd reason I love hitting my boost and coming to a full stop really fast, and then boosting my strafe up and down and red out lol.

Oh well I got my 30 mins of play time in and I need to hit the sack for another long day tomorrow. Then I'm off for 2 days :) which might take me that long to get my sticks setup, oh crap I forgot to try my track IR, uggg, I swear work always gets in the way.

HOLY FUGGIN SHEEITT

Ok, f sleep I guess haha

The new decoupled mode is the EXACTLY what I was looking for, no BS speed limit in any direction, no thruster correction stopping my inertia (in any direction) while at the same time I'm able to rotate freely. Fucking awesome, I'm a happy camper in that field now! Must go 300 thingys in reverse, I love that haha (i don't know what we are using as rates of speed mph so it's thingys per second lol)

TrackIR is pretty good so far and should only get better, honestly I'm happy with it at this stage after it being gone for so long. Plus it lets you point your gimballed weapons :)

Alright I'm off to bed, I'm really looking forward to this weekend now.

Sooo there's a bug that lets you fly ANY ship you want in AC. This is how it works:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...-my-cutlass-out-into-space-for-the-first-time

- Make sure you have your helmet on

- Sit in the ship you want to fly in

- Hit Esc and select any ship via the AC menu

- Join a Battle Royale match

You will load into battle royale inside the ship you were sitting on. Some ships won't even be able to fly (like the Constellation) but other people can see you in space. Some won't have any shields so missiles will 1 shot you, other ships won't have radar, etc. etc.

We should create private matches and join using friend codes to check all the ships out.

Sooo there's a bug that lets you fly ANY ship you want in AC. This is how it works:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...-my-cutlass-out-into-space-for-the-first-time

- Make sure you have your helmet on

- Sit in the ship you want to fly in

- Hit Esc and select any ship via the AC menu

- Join a Battle Royale match

You will load into battle royale inside the ship you were sitting on. Some ships won't even be able to fly (like the Constellation) but other people can see you in space. Some won't have any shields so missiles will 1 shot you, other ships won't have radar, etc. etc.

We should create private matches and join using friend codes to check all the ships out.

I would try this, but the game will not let me connect to the server :( As for my 360 controller, they really screwed up the input on the analog stick, so it is VERY jerky and has a massive deadzone. Thankfully, I'm not the only one that is having this issue.

Creating my own private match also gives me the same error message. Looks like I'm going to shelf this game until they fix the 360 controller. Not very fun doing vanduul swarm and it takes over 10 mins to clear the first wave or crashing 6 times per lap in the race module.

SC = DLC THE GAME
.... you all are soo getting fleeced
there are 2 out comes to this

1. Ships will make KMMO grinds look easy
2. all the people that payed insane prices will be pissed at how easy you can get ship IF the game ever comes out

Creating my own private match also gives me the same error message. Looks like I'm going to shelf this game until they fix the 360 controller. Not very fun doing vanduul swarm and it takes over 10 mins to clear the first wave or crashing 6 times per lap in the race module.
Sounds like you're playing a skill based game. :)

Patch notes:
- Removed automatic lead shooting by ITTS. Training wheels are off.

Like I've said before, I expect at least 80% of all players to be horrible at the game if they don't practice. Joystick/hotas users had it bad at the start, you just didn't care/noticed because you used a controller. Now everyone is on an even footing more or less. It's obvious there will be tweaks in the future just like it happened for said joystick/hotas users. That's exactly why we were given early alpha access, to test and give feedback.

Sounds like you're playing a skill based game.

Agreed, but its pretty hard to get that skill when the ship doesn't fly like a ship, but a brick.

So, I will go into more detail on exactly is going on with the 360 controller. To turn around the ship or "steer" it, you have to use the left analog stick. This worked very well in V0.8, but is currently F in V0.9. As of right now, 50%-0% will be pretty much a deadzone with a slight drift to where your moving the stick towards. When you move the stick to 50% -100%, the game thinks you have the stick at 100%. In essence, the game think the analog stick is a D-pad.

Here is the fix for it.(thanks to Sma and Stoic on the RSI forums). Go to \StarCitizen\CitizenClient\Data\Controls\Mappings\ folder and create a .XML file named linear. Paste this info into that file:
<ActionMaps version="0">
<CustomisationUIHeader device="xboxpad" label="Default with Linear Sensitivity" description="@ui_GamepadDefaultDesc" image="GamePadDefault" />

<options type="xboxpad" instance="1">
<!-- Make all piloting input linear -->
<pilot>
<nonlinearity_curve>
<point in="0.5" out="0.5"/>
</nonlinearity_curve>
</pilot>
</options>
</ActionMaps>

Go into the game and go into the console, using the ` key. Type "pp_rebindkeys linear" (without the ") and this should fix the problem.

SC = DLC THE GAME
.... you all are soo getting fleeced
there are 2 out comes to this

1. Ships will make KMMO grinds look easy
2. all the people that payed insane prices will be pissed at how easy you can get ship IF the game ever comes out

yo-dawg-i-see-youre-trying-to-troll-so-hows-that-going.jpg

it has been pretty obvious from the beginning that ships are going to be rather easy to earn in game, we are not buying the ships we are pledging to add more features to the game long term, the ships are just a bonus.

So I tried a little swarm mode with the new targeting changes. I wasn't very good before but now I'm complete trash with the joystick. Mouse is still point and shoot doh.

yo-dawg-i-see-youre-trying-to-troll-so-hows-that-going.jpg

it has been pretty obvious from the beginning that ships are going to be rather easy to earn in game, we are not buying the ships we are pledging to add more features to the game long term, the ships are just a bonus.

clearly by making these new ships "limited" they trying to get people to send as much money on this game as they can

they are not new ships, and they were limited time sales before.

when you have a company that is trying to raise money for production costs without a publisher or bank let me know how it goes.

Looks like a lot has been done since I last booted up the game. Will try it out again. After downloading about 15GB of the 20GB patch my SSD ran out of space and it stopped, cleared some space and it started from scratch again, doh! Guess I'll try it out tomorrow.

they are not new ships, and they were limited time sales before.

when you have a company that is trying to raise money for production costs without a publisher or bank let me know how it goes.

While I support the game, I will admit I don't support all the practices that CIG is doing to get money, making ships limited then bringing them back or changing the periods of limited ships is something I don't really support. But it is what it is, hopefully the game itself comes out to be what I hoped for.

While I support the game, I will admit I don't support all the practices that CIG is doing to get money, making ships limited then bringing them back or changing the periods of limited ships is something I don't really support. But it is what it is, hopefully the game itself comes out to be what I hoped for.

dont get me wrong some things are crap with the process, i had the racing suit in my cart and as i was adding the 350r to the basket the suit was ninja removed from the store lol like wtf.

but i still have no trouble supporting them because of the vision it represents, they could do a lot of things better with the store ALOT but that is really only a small issue.

the limited sales i do not have a problem with as it does help keep me engaged and checking the site often, but the slip ups with accidently posting things or releasing limited quantity items with no warning are poopy mistakes no denying that.

like the racing suit they could of said hey, you have 24 hours or until the end of the weekend to get the suit we need to remove it and explained why ect. rather then pull it with people in the middle of shopping no warning

Back