Star Citizen Backers No Longer Able to Get Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that you are not installing, playing and testing each new alpha release. Why in the world did you put money back into the boondoggle? Was it to support the game (which I'm guessing you did at a higher level before refund), or was it to save a few schmeckles because after it gets released the price would go up by ten bucks.

Neither. It was to keep hope alive!

Because he has nothing going on. Also, yes, an alpha can be broken...that's what a fucking alpha is man...
It's not alpha, it's pre-alpha.

Alpha status of a software is achieved when it is feature ready. As in, all major features and functions are implemented, at least to a place holder level. So tell me, does that description fit Star Citizen (maybe 10% complete judging by 3.2) or Squadron 42 (doesn't exist)?

Sure I'll play. Care to articulate what SC has done "more technologically than most games". Or did you forget /s at the end of your post.

Your lack of knowledge about the game and tech involved is showing. If you have to ask a question like this then you have no leg to stand on when it comes to insulting the game.

Immaterial to the discussion. Doesn't make him any less wrong or right about the facts.

I'ts not immaterial at all. If someone likes the game and what's being created they can equally make a video showing all the progress and change the game is making. If you're someone like Smart that's a salty baby you can make a video showing what's wrong.

You think this game is the first to face development issues? Really? They all do at some point. Just because they've chosen to be OPEN ABOUT IT doesn't mean they should be put on blast for it.

I mean, seriously, other than missed release dates...which happens all the time in development that YOU AREN'T AWARE OF...no one has a single legit complaint about the game. They're making great strides, have been, and it's showing.

What are you going to say when the game releases? Will you admit you're wrong?

Alpha status of a software is achieved when it is feature ready. As in, all major features and functions are implemented, at least to a place holder level. So tell me, does that description fit Star Citizen (maybe 10% complete judging by 3.2) or Squadron 42 (doesn't exist)?

Alpha, pre-alpha, if you want to get that specific we can. I don't know how much is done for each...DO YOU? I'm sure all the footage of Squadron 42 and all the people working on it, all the actors that are a part of it equates to nothing, naturally.

Have you been following the weekly updates? There's a lot done actually. It's all coming along quite nicely.

Alpha, pre-alpha, if you want to get that specific we can. I don't know how much is done for each...DO YOU? I'm sure all the footage of Squadron 42 and all the people working on it, all the actors that are a part of it equates to nothing, naturally.

Have you been following the weekly updates? There's a lot done actually. It's all coming along quite nicely.
Hey Mut1ny I have some prime land in South Florida u might be interested in.

I only can judge what they show. Their word has been proven untrustworthy. And they shown exactly nothing of squadron42. I don't doubt the raw motion capture and voiceover work they had done exists. I doubt the actual game exists. And unless 3.2 is at least 3.2 years behind where they're actually are in development of star citizen, it is a cause for concern.

No, bud, it doesn't work like that. You made a claim, now back it up instead of spewing deflections and ad hominem.

What doesn't work like what? I don't have to do a single goddamn thing to back up my words...their YouTube channel does it for me.

Here, I'll help you with that:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Go watch some videos and then say something. Also, have you played the Alpha even?

Hey Mut1ny I have some prime land in South Florida u might be interested in.

Yeah, Chris Roberts has a game you can play and hundreds of developers that can show you their work. You people are acting dumb, I mean typical.

I only can judge what they show. Their word has been proven untrustworthy. And they shown exactly nothing of squadron42. I don't doubt the raw motion capture and voiceover work they had done exists. I doubt the actual game exists. And unless 3.2 is at least 3.2 years behind where they're actually are in development of star citizen, it is a cause for concern.

What they've shown has been impressive. Sure, he might have spoken too soon...so what? That doesn't MEAN anything, a little over excited perhaps. They have shown a lot of Squadron 42...like...are you FUCKING kidding me??? Wow.

Reactions: Korrd
like this

This is just a terrible look. To apply a retroactive TOS change to people's pledges is bullshit. I don't care that the new money isn't subject to refund, but if you put up some cash in 2012 and you're tired of the bullshit you deserve to get it back and have your donations adjudicated under the operating agreement of that time period.

I watch all the video updates. Object container streaming has been delayed again. It is the most important feature that allows this game to function and everything else relies upon it. You are making people that want this game to succeed look bad with the way you attack others who don't believe in it. Relax. 3.3 will be a big patch and hopefully they are on track for this year.

These guys are right though. Progress is fucking slow. And the rollout is amateurish at best. It looks good though, and I want it to work because I want to grief the shit out of people in space.

Object container streaming has been delayed again. It is the most important feature that allows this game to function and everything else relies upon it.

Sucks, I know, but such is development.

I really think they made a mistake making development as public as they have. Much smaller games have taken way longer to make and people don't seem to get that shit happens. Just because they're more open about it doesn't mean they're facing possible danger.

You are making people that want this game to succeed look bad with the way you attack others who don't believe in it.

No, people talking about shit they CLEARLY have no idea about make themselves look bad. This forum has a giant massive hard on for hating on the game though. They'll all eat crow before they start playing.

3.3 will be a big patch and hopefully they are on track for this year.

They've been on track so far...unless you're a hater in which they've been failing and lying about everything.

These guys are right though.

They aren't though or else SC would be a scam and already would have failed.

Progress is fucking slow.

Based on what? What we can play? They obviously have WAY more done than what we can play. Based on update videos they appear to be doing fine.

Has anyone heard of any issues with the actual development from people working on the game? I haven't.

What are you going to say when the game releases? Will you admit you're wrong?

It's very strange that you think anyone really cares. The developers have zero credibility with sticking to either scope or dates. That's what is being pointed out.

Should they miraculously diverge from the mire of shifting goals, delayed milestones, and utter garbage pre-pre-pre alphas and deliver an actually fun game which approaches even the levels of Wing Commander or Freespace - my god, we'll all be on board. Because that's all we really want - a goddamn game.

So yeah, we'll all happily be wrong, should that occur before the heat death of the universe. Please - make us wrong.

What they've shown has been impressive.

It would be impressive if it was 2013. Because if progress is this slow there won'tt be a game within the next decade.

Sure, he might have spoken too soon...so what? That doesn't MEAN anything, a little over excited perhaps.
Doesn't mean anything? It means that the development is either in incompetent hands, or they're lying. But I think it's a bit of both.
They have shown a lot of Squadron 42...like...are you FUCKING kidding me??? Wow
I tell you, the actual amount of videos they're putting out is impressive. Now if only they spent half as much effort on the game, as they spend on pr bullshit, we'd be getting somewhere. I haven't seen anything that would prove squadron42's actual completion status. Not this cloak and dagger stuff with hours of talking.

Derek has never been correct about much of anything. Anything he posts on his blog is so general that it cannot be right, or wrong, it just is. And for the basic stuff were he claims the company is going under, or people are getting laid of or such, he has never been correct. If folks really want an inventory of his false claims, they are out there. En masse.

I'd LOVE to see proof of this supposed scam... Honestly the only folks that truly claim this are supporters of Derek Smart and some of the folks at SomethingAwful, well... because Goonsquad…

Yes, the game is very late, but the backers have repeatedly given money and elected to add more and more into the game. Progress is being made, slowly yes, but it is being made, and folks that claim otherwise haven't been much paying attention to the game.

It's very strange that you think anyone really cares.

I could say the same about you. Only difference is that I'm providing points that back me up...called "what they've shown us and what we can play". People like you just keep yelling all the while having your eyes shut and ears plugged because you don't want to see what's available, what they have, what they're working on, etc.

What is that called?

Also, you'll get a goddamn game when the goddamn game is complete. Why don't you go bitch out Rockstar for not having Red Dead Redemption 2 for you to play? Oh, because they aren't done yet? Too bad you can't play the alpha I suppose?

like this
It would be impressive if it was 2013. Because if progress is this slow there won'tt be a game within the next decade.

Doesn't mean anything? It means that the development is either in incompetent hands, or they're lying. But I think it's a bit of both.

I tell you, the actual amount of videos they're putting out is impressive. Now if only they spent half as much effort on the game, as they spend on pr bullshit, we'd be getting somewhere. I haven't seen anything that would prove squadron42's actual completion status. Not this cloak and dagger stuff with hours of talking.

You do realize the videos they put out are directly involved with the production of the game, and parts that do show the game are actually just that... part of the game.

Ship commericals are all in game.

Most of the other stuff shown, is directly from the game.

Anyone who chooses to spend more than $100 on any game deserves to lose all their money. No sympathy for this...

Last edited:

Shown nothing of SQ42???? Uh really?

Here is a fucking hour of it:

like this
Edit: You're right M76...it's totally a shit show and complete scam. Sorry to have doubted your infinite wisdom. I see the light now and it is GLORIOUS!!! I'm going to go play the alpha one more time and land on a planet for the last time just to remind myself of how much of a scam this "game" is.

I tell you, the actual amount of videos they're putting out is impressive.

Yeah, so is the amount of content they're showing and working on...you'd know this if you actually cared instead of just wanting to be negative.

Now if only they spent half as much effort on the game, as they spend on pr bullshit, we'd be getting somewhere.

They have a team that makes the videos...like...ya know movies with behind the scene crews. It takes nothing away from what's being worked on.

I haven't seen anything that would prove squadron42's actual completion status.

OH SHIT! HEY GUYS! M76 HASN'T SEEN ANYTHING! NOTHINGS BEING DONE BECAUSE OF IT!

Well, you killed me. You're right. It's all a scam.

Last edited:
Shown nothing of SQ42???? Uh really?

Here is a fucking hour of it:

Quit being an ignorant fanboy. This footage is from December of last year...because I don't have the full game in my hands right now for some reason it's obviously a scam. You can tell it's a scam because so much time and effort was put into this scam video instead of working like a scam actually works by spending as little money as possible to perpetrate it because scams are for making money.

Scam scam scam scam scam scam!!!

To be clear - Mut1ny, I am not trying to attack you. Or honestly, the game.

Far from it. I'm a backer, wanted the original game too, and would so very much like to have something cool someday. But I've been down this road, on both the consumer and developer side. It does not look good, no matter how we slice it or want to believe.

I have to correlate reality and experience with what I'd like to see happen. And I do not see what I'd like to see happen as being very likely. And holy cow - again - I'd LOVE to be wrong!

Quit being an ignorant fanboy. This footage is from December of last year...because I don't have the full game in my hands right now for some reason it's obviously a scam. You can tell it's a scam because so much time and effort was put into this scam video instead of working like a scam actually works by spending as little money as possible to perpetrate it because scams are for making money.

Scam scam scam scam scam scam!!!

I laughed.

By now if people are still giving them money they know what they are getting into. Most that wanted a refund probably would have got one by now.

If every time somebody walked into a building they were hit upside the head with a bat, and everyone reported on this, how long would you feel sorry for people getting hit with a bat?

That's the reality of what (little) CIG has delivered so far. But as that reality starts to bite and they can't afford to keep bankrolling an increasing wave of refund requests, they're desperately trying to push the narrative that the game is effectively now in early access, and that they've essentially fulfilled their crowdfunding obligations and delivered a playable game. It might be funny if Roberts and co weren't getting rich off the back of it. There's no point people trying to argue "but look at all the youtube videos!", what people are playing right now is all there is. The question they should be asking themselves is "would I have spent all the money I have done if I'd known this was what I was getting?"

I backed it during the Kickstarter, before it became a crowdfunding juggernaut, back when it was just another plucky indie project trading on rose-tinted memories of Wing Commander. I don't regret backing it, but I'm certainly glad I haven't given them a penny since. I downloaded 3.0 in January and it was absolute dogshit, despite being delayed by over a year. People claiming they're "having fun" with the game don't seem to understand that you can "have fun" in any piece of crap steam asset flip if you're so inclined. It says absolutely nothing about the quality of Star Citizen.

There's no point people trying to argue "but look at all the youtube videos!"

Why because it's true? If you actually watched them you'd see they're moving full steam a head. Go watch the one from just a few days ago. What do you call all that? Are the mo-cap actors in the full on motion capture studio just playing along?

what people are playing right now is all there is.

No it isn't, that's entirely not true and you shouldn't speak on things you don't know...that's called being ignorant.

I downloaded 3.0 in January and it was absolute dogshit

So you haven't tried 3.2 then? Two major updates later...

I want to know if we’ll have the complete game by 2020? 2022? This dance with the ardent vocal fan group seems to have shrunk a little, but most of the ‘detractors’ are still the same guys who want to do what I want to do. Most here IMO don’t want to not see this game they just don’t want to throw money at something that won’t deliver.

I’m just wondering and want to know when the game will actually ‘be released’. I want to buy it, but I want a retail game with certain features.

Also this is shady and does sound a little, wrong? Not legally obviously.

Oh God here we goooo!!!! More blind uneducated stupid opinions about a revolutionary game that's done more technologically than most games all

hahaha - company shows its true colors and yet it still has defenders. Screw it - proof we are all descended from phone sanitizers after all.

Oh God here we goooo!!!! More blind uneducated stupid opinions about a revolutionary game that's done more technologically than most games all while being hated on by people who AREN'T AFFECTED WHAT SO EVER!!!

Who CARES that they're meeting their goals!

Who CARES that the people playing it are ENJOYING IT!

Who cares that this SCAMMMM is employing hundreds of employees, has weekly videos showing updates and progress all over the studios!

You people are a special kind of outraged clueless mass.

Was wondering when the fan Bois would show up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back