Star Citizen Backers No Longer Able to Get Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah hell, I'll post it in case anyone hasn't seen it and wants to read it
I hadn't seen that - thanks. Its actually very well articulated, but unfortunately doesn't shine a light on anything previously unknown: that Chris Roberts is a mincing, swishing buffoon, and the real roadblock to the game production ever coalescing into a shippable product.

CR has never finished a project without someone else brought in to push it over the finish line; a failed director laughed out of Hollywood, and now somehow he was given the run of multi hundreds of millions for a game that will never be finished - or even really take shape beyond hokey sandbox techdemos - until he is once again somehow forcibly removed, and a real manager that thinks in budgets and deadlines rather than child space fantasies is brought in.

Last edited:
Ah hell, I'll post it in case anyone hasn't seen it and wants to read it

So three years ago. Wonder if things have gotten better? Considering they've been on track with their updated release time line thus far things seem better. But I guess if you want it to be all doom and gloom that's just how you're going to see it.

Good luck, it's like trying to convince a cult follower not to drink that koolaid.

Name calling and being insulting to people because they have hope that the game will finish doesn't make them cult followers. Can I call you names an insinuate things about you because you have no investment in the game at all but seem so hellbent on tearing others down?

Reactions: Korrd
like this
wl14RDy.jpg

i wish they'd update this.

So three years ago. Wonder if things have gotten better? Considering they've been on track with their updated release time line thus far things seem better. But I guess if you want it to be all doom and gloom that's just how you're going to see it.

Name calling and being insulting to people because they have hope that the game will finish doesn't make them cult followers. Can I call you names an insinuate things about you because you have no investment in the game at all but seem so hellbent on tearing others down?

You are far and beyond hoping, I hope this game comes to be, I firmly doubt it will.

In the immortal words of Bart, if they release this game functionally as scoped, I'll eat my shorts.

You are far and beyond hoping

In what way? Genuinely? I'm sitting here just dispelling some of the nonsense while you keep going on insulting while providing nothing about a game you've done nothing with. If one of us here has a problem you're certainly the worse for wear.

In what way? Genuinely? I'm sitting here just dispelling some of the nonsense while you keep going on insulting while providing nothing about a game you've done nothing with. If one of us here has a problem you're certainly the worse for wear.

Nope, but keep on saying that to everyone.

Battered wife syndrome, ladies and gentlemen.

"How dare you call my abusive, alcoholic husband an abusive, alcoholic husband. Besides, I have hope he's going to change."

Nope, but keep on saying that to everyone.
Battered wife syndrome, ladies and gentlemen.

"How dare you call my abusive, alcoholic husband an abusive, alcoholic husband. Besides, I have hope he's going to change."

Ya'll are just proving my point. And yes, DPI, please compare women getting beat to the $45 I spend three years ago. You're totally better than Chris Roberts...

Considering they've been on track with their updated release time line thus far things seem better.

Lol, total bullshit. They're only "on track" because they keep cutting features from releases. Where's bind culling at these days? IIRC it was supposed to be in 3.0, then 3.1, then 3.2, now 3.3.

They're not on track if in order to hit their release time line they have to cut half the crap they planned out of the update.

You dispelling nonsense? You're the biggest producer of nonsense in this topic. You come up with these assertions of yours seemingly plucked from thin air. Everything you say is faith based. A faith that is probably a result of your investment into this "game". An investment you don't dare consider as lost. So you don't want to admit the possibility of a failure even to yourself.
That's why you ignore every sign, you dismiss any arguments, with an appeal to authority "the devs must know better than anyone else" - Which is true, but why would they tell the truth? It is against their interest to show any sign of weakness. It would instantly shut off the money tap that is barely dripping compared to what it was, had they publicly admitted or even hinted at the fact that development might not be going as well as they planned.

The "fans" here are actually the best deterrent against any more people throwing money at this "game"...and they don't even realize it.

I totally agree. The ones that don't play it or follow it's development are the best to listen to as well. Likewise, the ones that are so fucking upset about this game but haven't invested a single cent into it's development have a totally well founded reason to hate it.

The sense you make is impeccable I must say! Bravo good sir!

I was fooled twice, shame on me. - See it's not that hard to admit.

Not even twice, thrice! I was fooled by the original kickstarter campaign to sign up. Then I was fooled into raising my pledge. And it seems I was a fool for not asking for a refund while I could as well.

I totally agree. The ones that don't play it or follow it's development are the best to listen to as well. Likewise, the ones that are so fucking upset about this game but haven't invested a single cent into it's development have a totally well founded reason to hate it.

Yes, it's very clear who is and who isn't upset here.

Typical star citizen, insisting that anyone that talks shit about their idiot king Robberts and his pile-o-poo game must not have played it or ever put any money into it.

Yes, it's very clear who is and who isn't upset here.

Is it? You certainly don't seem peachy to me.

Typical outrageous hater, insisting that anyone that talks positively about the game must have payed thousands and feels ripped off oh and is also an idiot because, why not insult since you're so happy?

Last edited:
Is it? You certainly don't seem peachy to me.

Typical outrageous hater, insisting that anyone that talks positively about the game must have payed thousands and feels ripped off oh an is also an idiot because, why not?
I don't presume to know why do you do what you do. I can only guess. Unlike you presume to know that everything is fine with the development, and anyone who doubts is nonsensical. This is literally devolved into a god argument. When the faithful say "But you can't know either!" Yes, I can't know, but I can see the evidence, and the evidence isn't compelling.

The mantra still holds true: Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence to prove. And SC is a pretty extraordinary claim.

Thanks for confirming my point...well done! ;)

Oh God here we goooo!!!! More blind uneducated stupid opinions about a revolutionary game that's done more technologically than most games all while being hated on by people who AREN'T AFFECTED WHAT SO EVER!!!

Who CARES that they're meeting their goals!

Who CARES that the people playing it are ENJOYING IT!

Who cares that this SCAMMMM is employing hundreds of employees, has weekly videos showing updates and progress all over the studios!

You people are a special kind of outraged clueless mass.

?

Only the most loyalists, hardcore fans could enjoy something so broken. And that ain't even my opinion: the product in its current state isn't even a game. It is merely a frame.

And goals? What goals have they accomplished? Not those set when they started the Kickstarter, they haven't.

But there is one thing they are clearly very good at: the PR guys are AWESOME at keeping the hopes up and keep feeding the Ponzi. They are superb at it. A++++.

Your lack of knowledge about the game and tech involved is showing. If you have to ask a question like this then you have no leg to stand on when it comes to insulting the game.

I'ts not immaterial at all. If someone likes the game and what's being created they can equally make a video showing all the progress and change the game is making. If you're someone like Smart that's a salty baby you can make a video showing what's wrong.

You think this game is the first to face development issues? Really? They all do at some point. Just because they've chosen to be OPEN ABOUT IT doesn't mean they should be put on blast for it.

I mean, seriously, other than missed release dates...which happens all the time in development that YOU AREN'T AWARE OF...no one has a single legit complaint about the game. They're making great strides, have been, and it's showing.

What are you going to say when the game releases? Will you admit you're wrong?

Well... you see, there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE right there on the spot. The word "crowdfunding" sounds familiar?

If CDPR were to delay CYBERPUNK 2077 until 2025 It wouldn't really matter too much. Know why? Because none of us invested any money in it, and least of all put money because a release date existed. So, except for the fact that many of us (myself included) want Cyberpunk the sooner the better I don't have an economical / financial reason to have it: I haven't put a dime in it, so I have no stake nor interest.

But when you crowdfund... everything changes. And thus far CIG has failed in any single measuring tape you could come up with.

Delay goal dates by A LOT: check
Introduce new features that weren't part of the original deal: check.
Buggy mess: check
Ponzi? Check

And wanna know why it is a ponzi? If funding of the game ended this very instant so would game developtment. See, people paid for features that aren't implemented yet and will require money, which is why new features are being created so they can fund the old ones. It is clearly a ponzi.
Or else they would have stopped this useless feature-creep, released the game in a playable state, then started again collecting money to make the game bigger.

The fact is that this game will never see the light. Money will run out, eventually.

Sucks, I know, but such is development.

I really think they made a mistake making development as public as they have. Much smaller games have taken way longer to make and people don't seem to get that shit happens. Just because they're more open about it doesn't mean they're facing possible danger.

Based on what? What we can play? They obviously have WAY more done than what we can play. Based on update videos they appear to be doing fine.

Has anyone heard of any issues with the actual development from people working on the game? I haven't.

How could you possibly be so naive?

A developer that speaks against CIG will:

a) Breach NDA

b) Terminate his future in the industry.

Nobody will ever risk that, ever.

And this project is public for two reasons:

a) They need to keep funding up.
b) They have an obligation (not legal, mind you) with their backers.

But mainly the need for funding. A Ponzi won't feed itself.

Also, you'll get a goddamn game when the goddamn game is complete. Why don't you go bitch out Rockstar for not having Red Dead Redemption 2 for you to play? Oh, because they aren't done yet? Too bad you can't play the alpha I suppose?

How much money has Rockstar asked in crowdfunding for Red Dead Redemption 2, you say?

Exactly

hahaha - company shows its true colors and yet it still has defenders. Screw it - proof we are all descended from phone sanitizers after all.

Well, in this day and age flat earthers seem to be growing, along with people that are anti-vaccines and those who are against western-medicine.

You are right.

they should stop all donations and funding as a gesture of good faith...I mean how much $$ do they actually need for this...this must be the most expensive game of all time at this point...the more people donate the more features they keep retro-adding...it'll never end if they continue to collect $$

Nope, it is exactly the contrary.

They need the money to finish what they promised years ago. If you stop the funding, so will development.

Someones upset.

No we're not, you're adorable, like a puppy, I can just trow out a tennis ball and you bring it back. See? But you might poop on the carpet. :woot:

It's too bad really. I very much wanted a Wing Commander sequel. But, I'm certainly not interested in what this disaster has become. He should have just stuck to that original goal.

No we're not

LOL! "We're"? Who the fuck is "we're"? This is the first and only comment you have in this thread haha! You're clearly upset enough to come and respond and nose your way into a conversation you haven't even been part of.

"OH! What's this?! A Star Citizen thread?! Time to go see who I can insult because moderation doesn't exist in these!!!"

LOL! "We're"? Who the fuck is "we're"? This is the first and only comment you have in this thread haha! You're clearly upset enough to come and respond and nose your way into a conversation you haven't even been part of.

"OH! What's this?! A Star Citizen thread?! Time to go see who I can insult because moderation doesn't exist in these!!!"

Looks around for the “reserved” sign on the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back