Staples Kingston HyperX 3k SSD: 90GB=$60, 120GB=$65, , 240GB=$150

J Macker

[H]F Junkie
Title says it all

*edit* OOS online. Check your local store for availability. Use the 15% off coupon below for in-store purchases.

HyperX 3k solid state drives (ssd tag for the search).

90GB for $60
http://www.staples.com/Kingston-SH103S3-90G-HyperX-3K-90GB-25-SATA-III-6-Gb-s/product_786127

120GB for $65
http://www.staples.com/Kingston-SH103S3-120G-HyperX-3K-120GB-25-SATA-III-6-Gb-s/product_786126

240GB for $150
http://www.staples.com/Kingston-SH103S3-240G-HyperX-3K-240GB-25-SATA-III-6-Gb-s/product_786125

Last edited:
How are the reviews on these drives? They were OOS last night, but now back in stock... tempting...

How are the reviews on these drives? They were OOS last night, but now back in stock... tempting...

Running a 120GB in my macbook pro. Works good.

Also, anyone who buys the 90GB for $60 and not the 120GB for $65 is a fool, extra $5 for 30GB is damn worth it $0.16/GB.

Last edited:
My local store shows "low availablity" on the 120GB... I might swing by at lunch time today and see if they have one or two in stock... I'd kind rather have the 240GB, but if I can snag 2 of the 120s I might be satisfied with that...

the HyperX 3k got a gold award here
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/07/11/kingston_hyperx_3k_series_240gb_ssd_review/10

It's the cheapest I've seen for a couple of weeks since the 830 fire sales.
I've been looking for an SSD for my htpc for about 2-3 weeks and ended up getting the 180gb Intel 330 last week from TD for $90. But I don't need that much space so I listed it on craigslist and now I'm going to make $30 reselling it.

phew! i just ordered one of those on newegg this morning right before I saw this. now im getting two for the price of one! thanks op!

These are nice drives. I got in on the past 2 days on the 120GB models. I wouldn't mind 2 more, but I think I'm going to hold off. I'd really rather have the 240GB models.

480gb version isn't getting the same price treatment :(

there is a "15% off everything you can fit in a bag" coupon out there too. $55 for the 120gb, steal!!

Last edited:
Damn, out of stock. Was definitely going to order this when I got home.

Says the deal is good until 11/21 so maybe they'll restock? Doubtful, but I can hope.

Call around to your local stores. That's what I did!
It's out of the way for me, but I can't pass up that deal, even at $65

there is a "15% off everything you can fit in a bag" coupon out there too. $55 for the 120gb, steal!!

I just got back from my local staples and they just pulled 2 off a truck... price matched to the website, and accepted the 15 percent coupon! 118 out the door for 2 of them!

Call around to your local stores. That's what I did!
It's out of the way for me, but I can't pass up that deal, even at $65

When i called my local store and gave them the item # to see if they had it in stock, the clerk told me that was an Online item only!

WTF? :confused:

When i called my local store and gave them the item # to see if they had it in stock, the clerk told me that was an Online item only!

Did you make sure to give them the 120GB p/n? The 240GB drive is online only.

Not every store stocks the same merchandise. I work at Staples and a lot of the comments I read on here are misguided (Slickdeals especially). People tend to think that if the website says "low stock" it means that it's "in-stock", and if they are told otherwise they believe that we are keeping the product to ourselves. Often times open product returns are labeled as damage and therefor not resold. In general, unless the item is a verified working and restored laptop or desktop, we will not resell open product. A "low-stock" typically indicates that our inventory has 1 quantity on-hand. However, that product is either likely in the damage bin not for resale, or on it's way to the vendor - which typically takes a couple of weeks for them to process and credit our inventory.

Trust me when I say this... We're not paid well. In the four years and four stores I've worked in, employees hardly find interest in dumping money back into a company which gives us virtually no benefits. Our "discount" is a joke. That's not saying there aren't employees who take advantage of good deals, but we hardly pay attention and most of the times the customers get them before we do. I can guarantee you that if an employee attempts to hide a product or lies about availability to a customer, they can be terminated.

·PitBuLL·;1039340595 said:
Not every store stocks the same merchandise. I work at Staples and a lot of the comments I read on here are misguided (Slickdeals especially). People tend to think that if the website says "low stock" it means that it's "in-stock", and if they are told otherwise they believe that we are keeping the product to ourselves. Often times open product returns are labeled as damage and therefor not resold. In general, unless the item is a verified working and restored laptop or desktop, we will not resell open product. A "low-stock" typically indicates that our inventory has 1 quantity on-hand. However, that product is either likely in the damage bin not for resale, or on it's way to the vendor - which typically takes a couple of weeks for them to process and credit our inventory.

Trust me when I say this... We're not paid well. In the four years and four stores I've worked in, employees hardly find interest in dumping money back into a company which gives us virtually no benefits. Our "discount" is a joke. That's not saying there aren't employees who take advantage of good deals, but we hardly pay attention and most of the times the customers get them before we do. I can guarantee you that if an employee attempts to hide a product or lies about availability to a customer, they can be terminated.

In my case, "low stock" meant "two that just showed up on a truck". It worked out for me. :)

In my case, "low stock" meant "two that just showed up on a truck". It worked out for me. :)

Yeah I should clarify by saying in "some" cases! You are a lucky man. I'll tell ya one thing; if a truck comes in and I have customers on the floor to assist, I'm generally not going to spend an hour in recieving rifling through 6 pallets full of totes to find a needle in a haystack *shivers*.

·PitBuLL·;1039340796 said:
Yeah I should clarify by saying in "some" cases! You are a lucky man. I'll tell ya one thing; if a truck comes in and I have customers on the floor to assist, I'm generally not going to spend an hour in recieving rifling through 6 pallets full of totes to find a needle in a haystack *shivers*.

Oh yeah -- the guy who was helping me went above and beyond. I hope he doesn't get yelled at for price matching the $209 SSD to $64....

The 120gb are back in stock, just got one for $70 shipped after tax. Kind of sucks the coupon doesn't apply online, or I would have probably bought 2 of them.

I just picked one up too. You may be able to return and re-buy in store with the in-store coupon when u receive it.

Anyone know if this comes with the bracket? It doesn't say on the Staples site but the same one on Newegg says it comes with one. Just wondering if anyone knew...

Anyone know if this comes with the bracket? It doesn't say on the Staples site but the same one on Newegg says it comes with one. Just wondering if anyone knew...

Yes they do. The come with bracket+screws.

I just picked one up too. You may be able to return and re-buy in store with the in-store coupon when u receive it.

OSS when tried adding to cart.

There is one left at the Birmingham, Alabama store located on hwy 280. I just picked mine up. Go get it!

the store in bergenfield NJ refused to sell it for 64.99 "managers discretion on online sales" fucking idiots, i used to work for staples, shit doesnt exist, what assholes. they had 4 and i wanted 2 for raid 0

I picked up the 120gb and it did stack with the 15% off coupon so thanks for the tip. The associate pulled it up on their website and the manager price matched it.

I picked up the 120gb and it did stack with the 15% off coupon so thanks for the tip. The associate pulled it up on their website and the manager price matched it.

Same here. I got one of two they had in the store. I wish I had enough money for both, but buying one was a stretch for me.

Back