Staples Box CD Win 8 Pro $43 / free ship

Curious...is this an "upgrade" version of Pro or is this the "Full Version"...???

that is still just a upgrade version.

If your PC is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can get Windows 8 Pro and enjoy all the features Windows 8 Pro has to offer.

Actually I do have Windows 7 but I got the 3-pack where you can install it on 3 computers.

The reason I ask is cause with the edition I mentioned above if you wipe the drive (bare metal) and go to re-install it you have to do a second install on top of it. While it only takes another 20 mins (about 40 altogether) to install windows I'd like to get away from having to do that.

Actually I do have Windows 7 but I got the 3-pack where you can install it on 3 computers.

The reason I ask is cause with the edition I mentioned above if you wipe the drive (bare metal) and go to re-install it you have to do a second install on top of it. While it only takes another 20 mins (about 40 altogether) to install windows I'd like to get away from having to do that.

Most of us did it because it was cheap. Why pay double for 20 minutes of your time? But if you don't mind spending the money, the retail version OEM pro windows 8 is only $109 ;)

Win 8 installer will give you the option of doing a fresh install after it's already detected an existing install.

Or you could just change a registry key, also if you have an old hard drive with any version of windows you can simply connect it after or when you install and windows should find it and activate for you. Also for me once a computers hardware was registered i do not remember needing to activate if I reinstalled unless I changed hardware.

Another thing, windows 8 is available for upgrades on the Ms store site for $40 even why do people want the box copy when the download copy will be done in 20 minutes with no trip and cheaper?

i just loaded up the win 8 pro i had gotten from officemax, all i had was the RC version on the PC and i was able to just format the drive in the installer and it never asked me for an existing version

Back