Staples Black Leather Computer Chair (mid-back) - $44.99 (FS on orders > $50)

fuelvolts

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.staples.com/Staples-Manilo-Black-Leather-Managers-Chair/product_735373?storeId=10001&jspStoreDir=Staples&cmSearchKeyword=+735373+&fromUrl=home&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&cmArea=SEARCH&ddkey=StaplesSearch

$44.99. Free shipping (overnight) on orders greater than $50. Just add some pens and pencils to make it over $50. Otherwise, shipping is around $10. Tax in most states. Just picked this up, not a bad chair (per the reviews). Will arrive tomorrow for me.

This is also available in stores (YMMV).

0cAZP.jpg

I actually own this chair. Its good but somewhat flimsy, and the plastic armrests can get a little uncomfortable.

I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart has a nearly identical chair to this. I purchased one from Wal-Mart for about the same price as the OP and left it at a LAN party location for the few times I'd head out there. I'm guessing this is identical as the picture looks nearly identical.

Assuming it is identical my comments were that the arms were far too tight (I'm a large guy) which caused some discomfort on my legs. The cushioning was good for ~6 hours, after that my legs would get sore from the lack of cushioning inside the product. I also didn't like the material much, but that's more of a personal preference and not a defect in the product.

2.png

Ship to store for pickup is available for free ship without padding for $50.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Seen this in store, looked like a cheap POS and padding that seemed like it would bottom out within weeks of constant use.

theres nothing wrong with spending $200-$3,000 on a desk chair if thats what youre going to be sitting in all the time....

i have one and it's terrible, expect your ass to hurt if you buy it, and I'm only 155 lbs

Same complaint here. Now I'll admit that this is a decent chair for the price, but as the saying goes "You get what you pay for". This doesn't provide any real support for your back and the cushioning is some cheap stuff that flattens out before long. Its not the type of chair you can sit in for hours and expect to be comfortable (I tried that, the pain that shot through the base of my spine when I got up was not pleasant).

Again, if you want something quick and cheap you can grab this. Just don't expect something that's really comfortable.

wife has this chair and she hates it. Im a bigger guy and i cant stand to sit in this chair....... FYI

I have this and would not recommend for people that like to game naked even for $50. Gets really sticky.

OP here, I actually took this chair back. I took the bottom of the chair out and felt how stiff it was and took it back to Staples. Sorry about this crappy chair. :(

Ive had a couple similar chairs and my ass broke the base part. Keep that in mind if you weigh more than 230 lbs and you lean back a lot.

Yea these chairs are crap. We have similar ones in the conference room- they're junk.
The one ones that everyone uses at the desks ($600 chairs) have like triple the padding and are obviously MUCH better quality. It's always a "get to the conference room early" to get one of the good new ones anytime there's a meeting, because these cheap ones are terrible. Look nice, but are terrible.

Back