Stanford Researchers Fly Birds With Goggles Through Lasers

HardOCP News

[H] News
If for no other reason, you have to watch this video just to see the bird wearing goggles as it flies. The laser thing is cool too but it is the goggles that really make this video worth watching. ;)

goggles.png

Well maybe they can create a better flying model for the next Mothra vs Godzilla movie.

Nice that was pretty cool. Now may be they can put googles on a rhinoceros beetle or praying mantis. Those laser sheets are pretty interesting.

h8pSK.gif

Something very similar happened this F1 season - a car went through some smoke so that even we could see what's really going on. No wonder it's hard to overtake with that much aero

^ Interesting. I live about a mile from an airport, almost under the flight path for the main runway. In the winter with the cold weather, sometimes when commercial planes come in you can hear the wind whipping around above you after a slight delay when they pass. Really can sound pretty wild sometimes and can last a good 5+ seconds.

I own 3 parrots, ages 30, 25, and 20, 2 of which adore me. Despite that, I am certain that none of them would let me apply that contraption to their heads.

^ Interesting. I live about a mile from an airport, almost under the flight path for the main runway. In the winter with the cold weather, sometimes when commercial planes come in you can hear the wind whipping around above you after a slight delay when they pass. Really can sound pretty wild sometimes and can last a good 5+ seconds.

Any recordings?

I own 3 parrots, ages 30, 25, and 20, 2 of which adore me. Despite that, I am certain that none of them would let me apply that contraption to their heads.

How do they stop the pigeon?

Back