Standardized connectors, dropped temps 3C overall.

I standardized on the innovatek connectors and now my temps are 3C lower across the board. 31C idle, 37C full load (only 1.5 hours of testing).

Sweet :D

P1010106.sized.jpg

P1010114.sized.jpg

P1010110.sized.jpg

If only lian-li could get past the fact that no1 really has a use for 3x 3.5" drivebays it'd buy one in a second :( Very nice :)

Fanless rad? It sure looks sweet.

Thats one of the nicer looking setups Ive seen. Very nice.

I've posed this question on genmay before, but here it goes

What is the advantage of this setup over the retail heatsink or a quiet Zalmann heatsink? (other than looking "cool")

with a standard wc setup you get better temps at lower noise. you don't neccesairly need a passive rad.

Giblet Plus! said:
I've posed this question on genmay before, but here it goes

What is the advantage of this setup over the retail heatsink or a quiet Zalmann heatsink? (other than looking "cool")

Oh here we go...

It is perfectly silent and I love the look of it. Those are the reasons, I still think the Zalamann heatsink is too loud. Overclocking is pointless to me, I don't have time to be playing video games all day.

You will shit your pants when you find out I bought a fanless PSU.

I have 0 fans (yes, let me repeat myself for you...ZERO FANS) and I am running 31C idle.

Again, I will repeat that I am running ZERO fans and 31C idle.

Why oh why would I need to boost/noise up my system to get lower temps? Please explain to me why I would need lower temps than 31C?

Giblet Plus! said:
so have you overclocked anything yet? ;)

Why would I overclock? What is in it for me? I used to back in the day but it is pointless. The very few games I do play I get perfect frame rates. I spend maybe 2 hours a month MAX on games so overclocking to me is silly. It was cool back in 1998 but not now (for me at least).

If I did OC I would still probably get good temps.

Why not just get a laptop with a dock and run that as your system. It would be quiet and you would have the extra option of taking it with you.

Why put a stereo in your house when you can just use high quality headphones?

I don't like laptops, I already have 3 of them which I use only when I am consulting at work. I prefer desktops anyday...besides this is for my nicely modeled office so looks are important.

Chrisman5000 said:
so looks are important.

Grats to you then because this looks AWESOME!

Although I can't for the life of me understand why you didn't just use an old rusty pinto heatercore you can get down at the local junkyard :) /sarcasm

Chrisman5000 said:
Oh here we go...

It is perfectly silent and I love the look of it. Those are the reasons, I still think the Zalamann heatsink is too loud. Overclocking is pointless to me, I don't have time to be playing video games all day.

You will shit your pants when you find out I bought a fanless PSU.

I have 0 fans (yes, let me repeat myself for you...ZERO FANS) and I am running 31C idle.

Again, I will repeat that I am running ZERO fans and 31C idle.

Why oh why would I need to boost/noise up my system to get lower temps? Please explain to me why I would need lower temps than 31C?

Why would I overclock? What is in it for me? I used to back in the day but it is pointless. The very few games I do play I get perfect frame rates. I spend maybe 2 hours a month MAX on games so overclocking to me is silly. It was cool back in 1998 but not now (for me at least).

If I did OC I would still probably get good temps.

you have no fans in your setup? what are behind the grills?

how did you get away from all the fans, dont your PSU have a fan or two in them?

is the fans in your back grill under the psu just not hooked up (i think i can see the fan hubs but i might be wrong)?
and is the fan/blow hole in the top of you case just a hole with out a fan in it?

if you went totaly fanless, how does your system boot up, since most mb need atleast a fan connected to the cpu header to boot, are you using a PWG to trick the system?

www.highspeedpc.com has those rads too, as well as a $300 one that looks like a Zalman Reserator, but it's only a radiator. They come in 3 sizes, which are regular, maxi and XL, but the XL is only available in Germany at the moment.

dagamore said:
how did you get away from all the fans, dont your cpu have a fan or two in them?

he is water cooling his processor with a fanless radiator. so no, he has no active fans cooling his proc.

dagamore said:
how did you get away from all the fans, dont your cpu have a fan or two in them?

is the fans in your back grill under the psu just not hooked up (i think i can see the fan hubs but i might be wrong)?
and is the fan/blow hole in the top of you case just a hole with out a fan in it?

if you went totaly fanless, how does your system boot up, since most mb need atleast a fan connected to the cpu header to boot, are you using a PWG to trick the system?

its a WC system, its a passive WC radiator, hence zero fans for the cpu

maybe they are outdated pics?

most motherboards that do require the fan speed, are easily disabled in the bios

right that was ment to be PSU not CPU, was typing faster then i was thinking (or the other way around) :D

and why would you use outdated pictures? for a new setup? I just dont see how he got away from a totaly fanless system, without soemthing massive to cool it, i did not think that thouse passive rads could handel that much power, but i must be wrong, those are great temps for a totaly fanless system.

He's using an Innovatek passive radiator. The specs claim the regular version (small sized one) is able to dissapate 80 watts on its own. The Mxi verson is able to dissapate 125 watts alone as well. Perhaps his results show that these rads aren't as bad as we'd probably think, especially when (or if) we're used to fanned cooling, using water or not.

Back