Stand up desk reccomendations

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to order a sit/stand desk within the next few days, not sure which brand to go with. I'm looking to use it as both a gaming desk, and a work bench as it'll have my Praxis Wetbench case on it as well a laptop and 27" monitor. Ultimately I'm looking for something that is very stable, the less wobble the better as I'll be using it in the standing position for about 60% or more of the time. Budget is about 1000 shipping included. I've been looking at the Varidesk 60 Electric, if anyone can chime in on it? Or if you have a sit / stand desk and can comment on yours, thanks in advance!

My other idea was a permanent standing workbench, and then buying a comfortable stool but I'm not sure how well that would honestly work for gaming when I do want to sit and game for a few hours. I will definitely be using it at least 60% in the standing position as it'll be in my home and with kids is a busy environment, but allows me to walk way and come back, easier then constantly siting back down etc...

Everyone tried to stand at their sit to stand desk for the first 3 months or maybe a year. Then it gets to be a hassle and most people just end up sitting all the time.

If you want to stand, go for a walk - but the adjustable desks are great for ergonomics.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I eneded up going a slightly different route, ordered a workbench from global industrial. 1-3/4" maple butcher block wood top, legs can be raised from 28-42". Received it last week, got it setup and put it permanently at 38" which is perfect, since 80% of the time I prefer to stand at home (I sit all day at work), and I picked up a nice stool that raises for when I want to game for a bit. I fck'ing love this desk. It's 60x30, so has plenty of room.
desk.JPG

Back