Stand up desk reccomendations

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to order a sit/stand desk within the next few days, not sure which brand to go with. I'm looking to use it as both a gaming desk, and a work bench as it'll have my Praxis Wetbench case on it as well a laptop and 27" monitor. Ultimately I'm looking for something that is very stable, the less wobble the better as I'll be using it in the standing position for about 60% or more of the time. Budget is about 1000 shipping included. I've been looking at the Varidesk 60 Electric, if anyone can chime in on it? Or if you have a sit / stand desk and can comment on yours, thanks in advance!

My other idea was a permanent standing workbench, and then buying a comfortable stool but I'm not sure how well that would honestly work for gaming when I do want to sit and game for a few hours. I will definitely be using it at least 60% in the standing position as it'll be in my home and with kids is a busy environment, but allows me to walk way and come back, easier then constantly siting back down etc...

DoubleTap

2[H]4U
Everyone tried to stand at their sit to stand desk for the first 3 months or maybe a year. Then it gets to be a hassle and most people just end up sitting all the time.

If you want to stand, go for a walk - but the adjustable desks are great for ergonomics.

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
I eneded up going a slightly different route, ordered a workbench from global industrial. 1-3/4" maple butcher block wood top, legs can be raised from 28-42". Received it last week, got it setup and put it permanently at 38" which is perfect, since 80% of the time I prefer to stand at home (I sit all day at work), and I picked up a nice stool that raises for when I want to game for a bit. I fck'ing love this desk. It's 60x30, so has plenty of room.
desk.JPG