Stan Lee Has Passed Away at the Age of 95

I aspired to be a comic book artist at one point with my younger self because of Marvel (mostly) and the influences of this icon.. R.I.P.

I aspired to be a comic book artist at one point with my younger self because of Marvel (mostly) and the influences of this icon.. R.I.P.
We may not end up aligning with our youthful aspirations, but we can at least try to be friendly and energetic like Stan was as we grow old.

Yeah di$ney will prolly CGI in his now legendary cameos, not sure how I feel about that.
If Disney does, it would probably be because they obtained his blessing to do so prior to his passing. It wouldn't surprise me if Lee sat down to do facial scans for just that purpose.

Uh, not just a Disney thing, on one side you have lots of fans who are mourning the passing of this man, on the other hand you would have every comic book out there with a "special" super ultra limited edition hologram foil Stan Lee commemorative issue sold at a premium.
Tell you what though, I don't think Stan Lee would be bothered by that.
Throughout his entire career that man did everything to keep the comics industry going and thriving.
He always welcomed innovation and was never afraid to put his name on it.

I expect he'd be behind it all the way.

Uncle Stan.

One of the greatest and most prolific storytellers of the 20th and 21st Century.
Like a modern day Greek god, he created so many heroes.
Better still, he inspired so many more...

Going to be waiting angrily for a major retcon here.

Excelsior!

Tell you what though, I don't think Stan Lee would be bothered by that.
Throughout his entire career that man did everything to keep the comics industry going and thriving.
He always welcomed innovation and was never afraid to put his name on it.

I expect he'd be behind it all the way.
Yup, I think ol' Stan was definitely still working when they had "special" crossover events that sole purpose was to sell more comic books because the characters YOU like are now continuing a story in another comic book. Hell I remember going to the comic book store in the late 80s and seeing my ONE character now in 6 different comics all asking to be bought.

Just out of curiosity, does DC Comics have an equivalent person like Stan Lee?

The way DC operated, they never really had a single person create most of their early lineup. The Siegel and Shuster created Superman, Bob Kane and Bill Finger made Batman, William Marston created Wonder Woman, and so on.

I started reading Marvel comics in the late '60's. Shortly after that, my mom went to work as a secretary for a local business that advertised heavily in Marvel comics. In turn, Marvel sent them TONS of comics every month, which the owner had no interest in, so mom brought 'em home. I had huge stacks of 'em till someone decided that it was out of hand and they seemingly just disappeared one day. :eek:

Apparently, Mr. Lee made a visit to KC at one point (1970 or so) and met with the owner and mom regarding something or other. I'd ask mom, but she passed away last year.

Anyway, as a side note, the owner of the business was ripping people off, and mom had a talk with the Feds when she figured it out. He went to prison for 5 years or so, and on his release he took a trip to downtown KC, went to the top of the tallest building in the city (the Power and Light building), and took a long walk off a short pier. Mom always felt bad about that.

RIP Stan. Coolest old fart around, for sure.

2uihvDs.jpg

He was a nice old guy; I met him at Cons a long time ago, when he was relatively unknown outside the Comic world.

He was funny as hell, and all the girls loved him. :)

I really felt sorry for him lately; it sucks to find out that you can't trust the people closest to you, that's a hard pill to swallow, and probably had a lot to do with his failing health over the last year.

He will be missed.

How about James Cameron? Done pretty well creating some memorable franchises PLUS he raised the bar:

Well damn, this sucks, I heard he was going to be the big bad in A4 after Mr. Scrotum Chim gets his ass kicked.
Plot point was for Deadpool to alert the Avengers that Stan was to cap his pen for the last time, resulting in the beginning of the end of the universe.

The world just became a less interesting place. RIP Stan Lee, you had a good run.

RIP Sir.

What if Stan Lee was actually an Alien, and the comic book hero's he created were normal people on his planet?

Stan Lee didn't die, he just went home.

I find it insulting that people in this forum shit all over the MCU movies and decisions that the writers made, and then pretend to like Stan Lee. I'd like to give the members of this forum a challenge: reconcile your love of Stan Lee with your hate for his work - because he *absolutely* was not only involved in all the movies we love to complain about so much, but was totally approving of those decisions. He was an "SJW" and so were his comics and movies.

I find it insulting that people in this forum shit all over the MCU movies and decisions that the writers made

Maybe he was forced into the cult of SJWism by his abusive manager? Seriously though I think of Stan as a middle of the road type of guy. Nothing is ever black or white but many shades of gray.

Back