Stan Lee Has Passed Away at the Age of 95

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Stan Lee has died. He was was known as the creator / co-creator of Marvel franchises such as the Black Panther, Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Mighty Thor, Iron Man , the Fantastic Four, the Incredible Hulk, Daredevil, Ant-Man and more. The Walt Disney Co. bought Marvel for $4 billion in 2009 and many of today's hottest movies are based off that IP.

Like any Marvel employee, Lee had no rights to the characters he helped create and received no royalties. In the 1970s, Lee importantly helped push the boundaries on censorship in comics, delving into serious and topical subject matter in a medium that had become mindless, kid-friendly entertainment.

"I used to think what I did was not very important," he told the Chicago Tribune in April 2014. "People are building bridges and engaging in medical research, and here I was doing stories about fictional people who do extraordinary, crazy things and wear costumes. But I suppose I have come to realize that entertainment is not easily dismissed."

RIP

a0109be68491bf4539020221e4390e49.jpg

RIP to a great man. He left behind an amazing legacy.

Is it true he filmed extra cameos? Be great if he can be up there with the final big chapter all these years in the making. Also be odd to think his last cameo would be in a DC movie.

Edit: Was told he was in Venom. Haven't seen it yet but should have guessed.

Last edited:
It is hard to think of anybody else, this century, who has created so many memories for so many hours. That number must be in the billions of hours.....absolutely amazing.

I expect both the Ms. Marvel movie and the next Avengers movie to be dedicated to his memory.
He deserves at least that much.

And if Disney made a biographical movie about him, I'd go to it.

I expect both the Ms. Marvel movie and the next Avengers movie to be dedicated to his memory.
He deserves at least that much.

And if Disney made a biographical movie about him, I'd go to it.

Oh worry not! Disney will find a way to profit from a dedication to him lol. Funny but not funny

It is hard to think of anybody else, this century, who has created so many memories for so many hours.
If by "this century" you mean the last 100 years (as opposed to the last 18),
I'd offer J.R.R. Tolkien, who practically invented an entire genre of fantasy books, movies and games.
But to be enshrined alongside Tolkien is not faint praise.

It is hard to think of anybody else, this century, who has created so many memories for so many hours. That number must be in the billions of hours.....absolutely amazing.

Gene Roddenberry and George Lucas are up there too.
Between the three of them, so many amazing hours of entertainment (book, comics, television, movie) are available and have forever shaped the possibility of science, and therefore the world..

Thank you for sharing your imagination with us Stan!

This honestly sucks. I grew up on everything he created....and Transformers naturally.
My kids will be well indoctrinated into the characters he xreated also..
RIP to an awesome man

Yeah di$ney will prolly CGI in his now legendary cameos, not sure how I feel about that.

Gene Roddenberry and George Lucas are up there too.
Between the three of them, so many amazing hours of entertainment (book, comics, television, movie) are available and have forever shaped the possibility of science, and therefore the world..

Thank you for sharing your imagination with us Stan!
Rod Serling.

You will be missed. Thank you for all the great comics that I read in my youth. I imagine you surfing the stars now along with the Silver Surfer. :cry:

'Nuff said

I'd offer J.R.R. Tolkien, who practically invented an entire genre of fantasy books, movies and games.
Harlan Ellison.

Reactions: PaulP
like this
It wasn't all joy for Lee. Though the success of the movies made the characters worth billions, Lee maintained that he saw little of that wealth

that sucks.

I would expect to live a rich lifestyle if I were responsible for so much

For all the controversy that surrounded Stan he truly loved his fans. I was lucky enough to meet him at an unscheduled appearance at Chicago Comicon back in 1998 when everyone heard he was going to be there a line instantly formed at the Marvel booth. We were all told that Stan was only going to be there for an hour and while we were welcome to line up they couldn't guarantee anything, the fire marshal that was on hand actually had to step in because the line became so long that they started shooing people away. I stood in line with my beat to hell copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 that I purchased that day hoping I could get Stan to sign it. Stan was there for over 3 hours talking to fans, taking pictures and signing autographs and yes I got my autograph and a picture of him signing my book. There will never be another Stan Lee and he will be sorely missed especially by this lucky fan.

Edgar Rice Burroughs

Reactions: TMCM
like this
I read about this in the morning but these guys get killed all the time, so I didn't think it was real.

Created a near endless series of role models for millions of kids for decades, genuinely one of the greatest people to have ever lived.

See you when they Bring you back in 2 years... oh wait that only happens in the comics :inpain:
Good Luck STAN on your next big Journey....

EXCELSIOR!

Last edited:
RIP to a great man. He left behind an amazing legacy.

Is it true he filmed extra cameos? Be great if he can be up there with the final big chapter all these years in the making. Also be odd to think his last cameo would be in a DC movie.

Edit: Was told he was in Venom. Haven't seen it yet but should have guessed.
As much as I couldn't look at princess Leia in the end of Rogue One, stupid little CGI cameos of Stan Lee would kick ass.

I will wear Black tomorrow. My inner geek is sad.

My black T-shirt is a "Batman and Robin" shirt. :( I do have a black golf shirt, though, and I've always thought it made me look like a member of the Geek Squad, maybe that's appropriate.

Oh worry not! Disney will find a way to profit from a dedication to him lol. Funny but not funny
Uh, not just a Disney thing, on one side you have lots of fans who are mourning the passing of this man, on the other hand you would have every comic book out there with a "special" super ultra limited edition hologram foil Stan Lee commemorative issue sold at a premium.

Back