Stalker clear sky choppy stuttering

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
All the threads I found online were really out of date, has anyone played Clear Sky recently and had choppy stuttering? its completely random like its constantly loading textures or something but my FPS is smooth according to the rs_stats

Playing on my sig and I turned it down to 1920x1080 and down to full dynamic lighting. My rig should destroy this game feels like something is hanging or something. any ideas? I turned V-sync on then back off, no luck. same FPS whether I'm 7800x1440 or 1080p. Its buttery smooth but just constantly jerkyness.

Update:

AHA Fixed! I was like wtf theres no way my should run this this game on max unoptimized or no.

It's the Alife.ltx I don't know if it was a bug with stalker Complete or my version on steam. but it was only drawing objects at 10ft or something, if your rig can handle it you should set it at 40 or 50. default (10)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-m...ifeltx-objects-per-upate-stuttering-reduction

[alife]
schedule_min = 1 ; milliseconds
schedule_max = 1 ; milliseconds
process_time = 10000 ; microseconds
update_monster_factor = 0.1
time_factor = 10; 1; ;396.0;скорость для демонстрации смены дня и ночи
normal_time_factor = 10; животные в оффлайне перемещаются со скоростью, делённой на этот фактор (чтобы не бегали очень быстро)
switch_distance = 550;0 ;150 ;75.0 ; metres
switch_factor = 0.1 ;
start_time = 6:15:00
start_date = 10.09.2011
autosave_interval = 01:05:00
delay_autosave_interval = 00:00:30
objects_per_update = 40
start_game_callback = _G.start_game_callback ; on starting new game or loading saved one

Last edited:
Clear Sky should be run with the Clear Sky Complete mod for the numerous bug fixes. Your problem could be such things as AI scripts going wild and the Complete mod fixed a bunch of that.

Also, reduce God Rays to Low, then quit and restart Clear Sky (that setting requires a restart to take effect). The performance hit from God Rays set to High is huge and it's difficult to tell how it's different from Low.

Clear Sky should be run with the Clear Sky Complete mod for the numerous bug fixes. Your problem could be such things as AI scripts going wild and the Complete mod fixed a bunch of that.

Also, reduce God Rays to Low, then quit and restart Clear Sky (that setting requires a restart to take effect). The performance hit from God Rays set to High is huge and it's difficult to tell how it's different from Low.

Oops meant to mention Im on complete already.

Back