STALKER 2 In-Engine Gameplay Teaser Shows Off a Gorgeous and Dynamic World

erek

[H]F Junkie

"The award-winning PC franchise loved by millions of players is making a true next-gen console debut with STALKER 2. Experience a unique blend of first-person shooter, immersive sim and horror. The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone is a unique, dangerous and ever-changing environment. It promises a lot — the artifacts of unbelievable value can be yours if you dare to claim them. The price you may pay, on the other hand, is no less than your own life.

One of the biggest open-worlds to date, filled with radiation, mutants and anomalies, is yours to explore. All the choices across the way not only define your own epic story, but influence the future itself. Be mindful about what you see, do and plan, as you will have to find your way through the Zone or be forever lost to it."

https://wccftech.com/stalker-2-in-engine-gameplay-teasers/

When the first sentence is bragging about being on console, it gets me a little worried.
I dont take it as bragging about being on console more so just announcing that it will be on consoles since the previous games were not. Either way I really enjoyed the previous games so I will be keep a close eye on this. Hopefully is doesn't disappoint.

When the first sentence is bragging about being on console, it gets me a little worried.
Pretty sure Microsoft is (unfortunately) footing the bill for development so ofc they're going to advertise for that console.

Reactions: erek
like this
"One of the biggest open-worlds to date"

Trailer is 30 seconds of walking down narrow corridors.
Not even. Seriously, why are game trailers so bad past the 2000s? They are just irritating to be honest. They tell nothing and just serve to feed ADHD with their cuts every half a dang second.

It looked like they were trying to show engine tech here. I wouldn't be able to tell ray tracing or not but maybe that's what they were going for here

This is nothing more than a teaser. It looks good but who knows how the actual game will be.

I really hope it stays true to form. More shooter, with some real exploration. Not a bunch of markers, activities, question marks, things to check off and the like. Just an objective that makes you cross a desolate abandoned land. If you see something that takes you off mission, it was because you see something that interests you like a burnt out industrial building. Or you think it is a shortcut. Or a way to possible get more ammo (ambush some guys).

I don't mind some side quests, just want them to come from naturally wondering around rather than going to NPCs to be given a task.

While it looks really good, why do they keep saying "gameplay" when there is no "gameplay"?

It's in-engine, which is great, pre-rendered or cinematic trailers are basically useless, but call it for what it is.

I guess this served the desired effect, since I want to see more, but why are they being such prickteases with the game?

It's supposedly been in development almost 3 years and scheduled for 2021 release. Show us the goods already.

If this pans out I am all on board with a new Stalker, the series was excellent.

Needs to be much longer to get me excited. I loved the STALKER series so far and this looks good, but it's a very short and underwhelming "teaser" (if you can call it that). At best, it's just teasing the STALKER name, rather than any graphics or so-called gameplay. I'm glad it's coming out, but I'm not really impressed.

I want to see a lot more. Then I'll get excited... or not.

I have it on my wishlist. It looks really good, but I have a personal policy of not buying or playing early access games.

tangent....anyone playing this? I bought it but won't begin it until it's finished.

I didn't get into it much - iirc all the missions are timed which is just obnoxious.
For reference I have many hundreds (if not thousands) of hours across the various STALKER games and mods (janky slav stuff like STALKERSOUP and OGSE included hah).

I didn't get into it much - iirc all the missions are timed which is just obnoxious.
For reference I have many hundreds (if not thousands) of hours across the various STALKER games and mods (janky slav stuff like STALKERSOUP and OGSE included hah).
Ugh, timed? That is lame. I can't stand that.
I bought it was it was cheap figuring it would be worth it once it was done.
Last STALKER play through was using Anomaly in CoP. So good.

I have it on my wishlist. It looks really good, but I have a personal policy of not buying or playing early access games.
I bought it for a nice discount during Steam's Halloween sale. The devs said it wouldn't be that cheap again so I figured why not. Like you, I won't play it until it's done/patched as needed.

The Anthem "gameplay video" was a lot better.

Ask how much that had to do with the actual game.

Back