Stainless steel fittings in watercooling and galvanic corrossion

damnathan

Limp Gawd
Anyone know if there are any galvanic corrosion issues with Stainless being used in a loop? I was thinking about this last night but didn't find anything that said definitively when I searched around.

Last edited:
So basically, we could do stainless, so long as we took the proper precautions and used the right fluids? Just use some anti-corossive and replace the fluid every 6 months or so?

So basically, we could do stainless, so long as we took the proper precautions and used the right fluids? Just use some anti-corossive and replace the fluid every 6 months or so?

N00b question alert! :rolleyes: What are "regular" Bitspower fittings made of? :confused:

x509

most fittings are chrome plated, a little different than stainless unless I'm totally mistaken. Way to be nice there, guy.

Last edited:
i think you'd be fine with the precautions you mentioned above - but fyi that opinion is not based on any personal experience...

if the normal fittings are hard-chrome plated (0.6 on the chart linked above), as opposed to Cr-Ni alloy (0.35 - same as copper), then it looks like stainless (0.5) has less potential for corrosion.

makes me wonder what the various shiny silver fittings I'm using really are plated with.

Back