Stacker 830 worth anything today?

SocceRich20

2[H]4U
Finally upgraded my primary rig and went to a mid-tower, I have an excellent condition CM Stacker 830 and have heard these still have some demand due to what I think is a timeless and very functional design. Is this case indeed still in demand to our modding community? Debating whether to sell my old rig as a complete machine or part the case out separately.

Is this case indeed still in demand to our modding community? Debating whether to sell my old rig as a complete machine or part the case out separately.

I remember lusting after that case when I built my Q6600 way back when, but it was well out of my price range at the time. I'd say there's still some interest in such a case, heck, for the right shipped price (*cough* 98367 *cough*), I'll happily take it off your hands for a project :). It does still look great, and aluminum is always a visual treat. Compared to modern cases, though, it shows its age in cooler and storage compatibility, but that would be a fun mod to make it work with a 240 or 360 radiator...

IMHO no. Now if it was a Silverstone Raven RV02, that would be a different story.

There aren't any sold listings on eBay for it (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=coolermaster+stacker+830&_sop=13&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1) and I think the ones currently for sale are grossly exaggerated in price and won't sell anytime soon (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=coolermaster+stacker+830&_sop=13). Also shipping a case sucks so maybe local market would be better.

Still a cool case and a good piece of history, not knocking it but I just don't see the value in it with the way case trends have gone over the years (9 x front 5.25 inch bays aren't needed anymore lol)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm still using the stacker 810 and love it. It just makes sense to me if you have the space. Everything, I mean everything, fits in it.

I literally just tossed my two out in last week's garbage. Just no use for that form factor any more

Everyone wants glass and RGB today. But I have TJ 07 and happy. :)

Thanks all, I went ahead and sold my old rig as a complete system inside the case. I do have my Silverstone TJ03 in storage somewhere that I have a harder time getting rid of despite the fact that it's outdated.

I don't know about the Stacker 830 (I never liked the look of that one) however I remember loathing the Stacker 810 I could not afford that case back when it was new. I believe I wanted the black with the blue trim around the edges. Now that I have the money you cannot find one of those cases anywhere :cry:.

I also wish I never got rid of my Antec 1030 case (I had the newer version with the flip-up door with 2 USB ports and one IEEE 1394 AKA firewire port).

I also regret getting rid of my Inwin Q-500N (the ATX version of the case) I bought it around the year 2000 with an Abit KT7A AMD Athlon 1GHZ I don't remember if they were branded Athlon XP back then or if that was after that (I intentionally bought the 1GHZ chip for bragging rights remember this was when 1GHZ chips were basically a new thing)

I tried selling one last year before I moved. I couldn't even sell it for 20 bucks. I feel bad for saying this, but I threw it away along with a 690II Advanced. I do still have my old Stacker STC-01, but with 3 Fractal Cases already and a family of 5 space can be tight..

Back