Stability of new Ryzen components?

Spirit_Retro

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

Serious question here.

I've been using AMD since Thunderbird.

I am about to build a new machine. How is the stability and/or reliability of the new processors and boards in general? Anyone have any recommendations??

It would be nice to avoid any pitfalls since working from home is so important these days. Looking for recommendations based on *stability*. Won't be overclocking.

My 9590 rig ran for 6.5 years and just died after running 24/7 for years. So any comment would be helpful as I put the new system together....

I built my friend a 3900X with an Asus X570 TUF and 32GB of Corsair Vengence Pro ram 1 year ago and he hasn't had an issue at all.
He uses that machine 12-16 hours a day doing his graphic design, book layout, and photo and video editing.

I ran a 3700X and a MSI X570 Unify for the past 8 months without an issue. Now I swapped the 3700X for a 5950X and its still perfectly stable. PC is used almost daily for simple video/photo editing and gaming.

Thanks for the responses guys... ASUS and MSI are really the two I've been considering.

Though I've been hearing that ASUS went down hill? Might be BS... they have been my goto for 20 years.

If no one has anything bad to say I'll go shop based on features and get this over with...

I’ve been running my 2700X with Asus Strix gaming mother board at 100% cpu non stop with Boinc for 8 months with no issues.

Thanks for the responses guys... ASUS and MSI are really the two I've been considering.

Though I've been hearing that ASUS went down hill? Might be BS... they have been my goto for 20 years.

If no one has anything bad to say I'll go shop based on features and get this over with...

For their more budget oriented products they did go downhill. Generally entry level Asus sucks.

I just built my rig yesterday and it was a painless experience. I have no idea what I'm looking at in the CPU overclocking section. I did take my 3200MHz ram and brought it up to 3600MHz without a fuss. Coming from a total noob here.. last rig was Z77. At stock in Aida64 this CPU is a total beast compared to what I'm used to. I made sure my ram and nvme were on the mobo QVL, so its been hassle free so far.

Edit:

Stock cooler has a hard time, but I took the stock TIM off and squeezed out half an application of TIM before the tube ran dry. More on order.

Any board can be made stable with the flash's installed to most current as I used a 2200g back then to get the board ready , I myself have been using a refurnished $75 MSI x470 Gaming Plus with about 4 flash's in it's current state and paired with a 3700x/ RX 5700 it games like this ,

Back