SSD shows as 2 GB In WinXP x86

tigger1612

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

I installed a corsair force F60 into a Dell optiplex 780 as a secondary data drive on WinXP and it will only show 2GB. If I put it in a Win 7 box it shows as full ~55GB size. I've searched all over and found nothing. I'm guessing it's OS as the bios sees it fine. Sata controller is set to legacy (IDE). Any help would be great.

Thanks guys

It's the whole disk in disk management. It shows as 1.97GB and I can make a new primary partition on it and format it but its only 2GB. If I put it in a Windows 7 box, it shows as ~55GB is formattable. It's a brand new disk out of the box with no partitions ever created on it.

Well, it looks like our Symantec Full Disk Encryption is the culprit. We normally encrypt the OS disk and we use the pre boot environment which looks like it is causing issues with proper detection of the drive. On a machine with no encryption, Windows XP sees the disk perfectly. Anyone ever seen anything like this before or any reason why this would be the case?

so it should be making two partitions, one for the boot loader and the other for the actual OS, but it is failing?

Back