SSD showing full, but it's not??

I have a Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, performed a fresh format/install of Win 10 a few days ago. Installed a few games on it over the last few days, nothing major. I had about 200 GB left over last night when my computer went to sleep. I powered it on today and Win10 told me I'm running low on disk space!! I check the drive and it says 0 bytes free of 476GB! I right click and "refresh" and it will jump from 600mb available, to 800 mb, back down to 0 bytes.... SSD life still shows the drive is excellent health. Is my drive going bad?? I've never seen this issue before!

How much RAM are you using, and How big is your page file?

200GB is a TON of space to just simply fill up, but if you have, say 64 GB of RAM and a double-sized pagefile, thats 128GB pagefile. Open task manager and see what applications are using the disk. OR check the SSD's SMART status.

Page file is 2944 mb right now. 16GB RAM. I just removed 40GB worth of files and im back down to 2.73 gb free, and still going down!! I have no idea whats going on!

Restarted my PC and now showing 382GB free.... Pretty sure this SSD is dying a slow and painful death...

Well, figured out my issue! Turns out my VPN software (PIA) was creating an unusually large log file. Checked their forums and found out I wasn't the only one with the problem. All fixed now!

Well, figured out my issue! Turns out my VPN software (PIA) was creating an unusually large log file. Checked their forums and found out I wasn't the only one with the problem. All fixed now!
suspicious........I use PIA and i don't like that. Any idea on what its logging?

Back