SSD sale at Newegg good until 3/22 (ends 3/23) WD Black, HP Optane, Intel 545s, etc

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
Some pretty good deals...

HP S700 120GB 2.5"
(no code needed)
$38 shipped

WD Black M.2 256GB NVMe
EMCPSEV24
$89 shipped

WD Black M.2 512GB NVMe
EMCPSEV22
$158 shipped

Team Group L5 Lite 2D 120GB 3.5"
EMCPSEV26
$35 shipped

Team Group L5 Lite 3D 240GB 2.5"
EMCPSEV23
$55 shipped

Intel 545s 256GB 2.5"
(no code needed)
$71 shipped

Intel 545s 512GB 2.5"
(no code needed)
$139 shipped

Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 1TB 2.5" MLC
EMCPSEV27
$227 shipped

Intel Optane 900P U.2 280GB 2.5"
(no code needed)
$342 shipped

Intel Optane 900P PCIe 480GB AIC
(no code needed)
$532 shipped

Those 256gb Intel 545s are tempting at $71.

How is their quality & speed? Are they well regarded?

Those 256gb Intel 545s are tempting at $71.

How is their quality & speed? Are they well regarded?

Very excellent SSDs. Intel has one of the most stringent validation processes in the market.

I put a 256GB 545s in my father-in-law's laptop (disturbingly slow AMD E-350 CPU) last November to replace the 500GB 5200rpm, and it made a world of difference.

Intel supposedly has very good stability etc for their SSD
https://www.anandtech.com/show/1157...12gb-review-64layer-3d-tlc-nand-hits-retail/7

however

those Optane drives new and "older" are butally $%# expensive for their capacity & performance compared to others offering similar if not better real world given performance, longevity, power usage etc etc.

no wonder why Micron decided to essentially back 1000 feet away from bothering to really pursue the partnership (at least for consumer level, and are seeming they will offer actual benefit to the tech vs Intel version of 3d X Point being just another premium overpriced lackluster product IMO)

Newegg link

Intel supposedly has very good stability etc for their SSD
https://www.anandtech.com/show/1157...12gb-review-64layer-3d-tlc-nand-hits-retail/7

however

those Optane drives new and "older" are butally $%# expensive for their capacity & performance compared to others offering similar if not better real world given performance, longevity, power usage etc etc.

no wonder why Micron decided to essentially back 1000 feet away from bothering to really pursue the partnership (at least for consumer level, and are seeming they will offer actual benefit to the tech vs Intel version of 3d X Point being just another premium overpriced lackluster product IMO)

Micron backing away could be for other reasons. This sounds like FUD to me, and considering they haven't really announced anything with their quantx version of 3dx it might be to get more validation done or to develop a better controller.

Intel just released some new optane drives and Linus Tech Tips's review didn't fair well for Intel. Tho, he was as professional and neutral as he could be.

The very first SSD I had was an Intel 80gb SSD, the X25-M I think it was. I even bought a 2nd one several weeks later and raided them. This was back in the Fall/Winter of 2009. Time flies. I think I paid around $190 or $225 each for those drives.

I love Intel but their pricing is clearly being handled by people that need to retire.

I think it is very possible we will no longer see 120gb SSD's in the coming months. The 60gb SSD all but vanished a handful of years ago I think.

We really need to start seeing 1 and 2TB ssd's for $199 and $299 asap.

Intel just released some new optane drives and Linus Tech Tips's review didn't fair well for Intel. Tho, he was as professional and neutral as he could be.

If you're going to throw shade, you should provide a bit more information.

Linus ripped on the Optane 800p 58GB and 118GB drives. They have very little in common with the Intel 900P that's for sale here, at least from a practical perspective.

Back