SSD for Lenovo X200?

papagiannakos

Weaksauce
I've had this laptop for a couple of years now for work and really love it. Was thinking that an SSD upgrade would be worthwhile at this point, can anyone recommend one between 64-100GB well suited for the X200?

I don't store music or large video files on it. Windows 7 + some of the Adobe CS programs.

I second the Intel G2...

The same drive is a little bit slower in the X200 than my desktop, but it's DEFINITELY worth it!

I'd also recommend the IPS screen upgrade if you're handy with taking things apart. It'll run you about $100 for the screen on eBay. ...with both, you'll probably be set for at least another few years.

I second the Intel G2...

The same drive is a little bit slower in the X200 than my desktop, but it's DEFINITELY worth it!

I'd also recommend the IPS screen upgrade if you're handy with taking things apart. It'll run you about $100 for the screen on eBay. ...with both, you'll probably be set for at least another few years.

Sorry to take this off topic, but what's the IPS screen update?

He is talking about changing the LCD panel...

Thanks, I got that, but do you have a link to a part number, LCD brand, or any information about compatibility with different models? I have an X201, and I wouldn't mind doing the upgrade, but I'm only seeing a couple AFFS panels on eBay and they don't say anything about the x201

Back