Square Enix Releases Final Fantasy XV Benchmark

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Square Enix has released an official benchmark application for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition. The bnchmark is to give you a score that will indicate the level of performance you can expect from your PC in Final Fantasy XV. The download is 3.7GB, and the unzipped, and installed sized are both the same. The banchmark has 3 quality options, Lite, Standard, and High, with high enabling NVIDIA GameWorks features.

Kyle and I have been playing with the benchmark. The download was fast, maxing out my connection at around 12MB/s. Only 720p, 1080p, and 4k are supported at the 3 different quality settings, and It takes about 7 minutes to complete before you are given your score. The game seems fairly demanding based on my test, and in my opinion the IQ was not anything mind blowing. After you get your result you can click "Stats" to see how your score compares. One warning, you may ask "what am I looking at" more than once during the benchmark. Thanks to "Blah Blah" for the story.

The FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Official Benchmark application can give you a score to indicate the level of performance you can expect from your PC environment when running FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION. It does this by displaying several of the events, maps and characters used in the game.

Last edited:
1523 on my Laptop lol. Seems like I'm the only submission for the AMD FirePro W5170M.

Anyone notice that the benchmark is not preset? As in it changes on runs. Almost like they scripted the path but let the AI take over a bit.

I did actually, I had to re-run it as my screen shut off on the first run from inactivity, 2nd run I got a completely different fight scene

Looks like 980 is still ok for 1080p, wish it had 1440, since that's what I went to with my new monitor.

Yeah disappointing that there is no 1440 option. But it ran great on my system at all resolutions. High @ 4k was fine in full screen down scaling to 2560x1600 w/ black bars on top and bottom, 1080p with upscaling in full screen was signifincantly smoother though. I really want a native at least 1440 resolution with no scaling at all without the frame rate hit for 4k and downscaling.

The Shiva model is pretty impressive, not too long ago that we were impressed by fairy demos. Those are now blown out of the water by actual gameplay at far higher resolutions, detail and an actual gaming world surrounding the characters.

Did notice something about the cars though... https://imgur.com/gallery/bDqxS

I would have been interested in getting this game.... but as it came out a year after the ps4, i'll pass

I think the full game with 4K textures is supposed to be 100 GB or something, lol.
I can barely DL a 10GB. It would take me 5 months to get that. I wish they would put these on USB memory (and the whole thing not some code like most seem to with DVD/BD these days). 100GB, well wait until 8K is a must have ;).

I've never understood this mindset. Unless you've already played as much as you want to on another version I don't understand why it matters so much that it wasn't out right away.
I kind of understand it because I have skipped over the initial PC releases if the console port were artificially delayed due to exclusivity deals etc... Don't think this one fits that profile so for me it's a pre-order title.

I've never understood this mindset. Unless you've already played as much as you want to on another version I don't understand why it matters so much that it wasn't out right away.
Why should i encourage game companies to do ports way after the fact?

Nice looking benchmark. Because high settings rely on Gameworks, if I were looking to get this game, I might just pass. I run an RX Vega 56 and Gameworks will hold my card back.

Edit: Ah nuts, I forgot that I had not setup my wattman profile to custom. (I had installed 18.1.1 drivers a couple of days ago, clean install.) Although I have the Vega 64 bios flashed, there is still about 10% more performance when I overclock the card fully.)

Why should i encourage game companies to do ports way after the fact?

As long as the port is good why the hell does it matter? The FFXV team has been pretty open about the process of getting this port made. They said from the get-go that a PC version would take a while because the team wants to build it from the ground up and include graphical features that weren't possible on consoles. On top of that they've been extremely busy with patches and new content, all of which is included in the PC version. Would you rather have paid $60 on launch plus another $30 for the season pass or how about just $50 (less with pre-order deals) for everything and what, so far, seems to be shaping up to be a pretty damn good port?

"Native 4K and HDR10 support"

"* NVIDIA® SLI®/AMD Crossfire are not supported."

Fucktards...

They've said since the PC version was announced that there isn't going to be SLI support. That might change in the final release, but don't count on it.

I found a way to game the benchmark. Jut beat a Titan V.
FFXV_cheat.PNG

I remember when the benchmark of a game was its playability and content, maybe if that was the idea Final Fantasy would not be as garbage as it has become. But at least it has a benchmark tool.

I remember when the benchmark of a game was its playability and content, maybe if that was the idea Final Fantasy would not be as garbage as it has become. But at least it has a benchmark tool.

It was actually a pretty good game.

why people always ask this?
Lots of people love to hate Nvidia. What I would hate more if I was an AMD fan is the fact that they have completely stopped building/shipping Vega 56 and 64. They are only shipping Founders edition for $1000+ RETAIL price. This is from reliable sources who spoke to Gamers Nexus. Supplies might be tight on Nvidia but at least they are not giving up on gamers completely. I walked into Microcenter and bought a 1080ti last week. My friend went yesterday and got a 1070ti.

Really looking forward to playing this on pc. I'm glad that Square has finally decided that computers are worthy of their content, and hope that the game sells enough to warrant future releases (FF7r). All of the optimizations and graphic improvements should really establish this as one of those graphical standards in gaming. I watched the prequel movie last year, and will probably give it another run through before I play this. There isn't enough Square CGI in the world.

why would NVIDIA GameWorks be included when he ps4 runs on AMD hardware?

Recent Square/FF ports to pc have been absolute fucking garbage and they essentially asked Nvidia to port this for them in exchange for the gameworks sticker. I think it was a good choice given that we're actually going to get a pc forward release, and not some ridiculous cpu locked bound console game with a pc launcher. FF13/-2/LR all ran extremely poor on pc, using almost none of the hardware advantages, and even requiring massive work around's to get basic controls or fullscreen working properly. AMD has no money to assist in porting games to pc so Nvidia was the logical solution. I'm glad they're decided to deliver a real PC game this time, I've only been waiting since the 90s for it.

I would have been interested in getting this game.... but as it came out a year after the ps4, i'll pass

Literally don't comprehend your comment, could care less about your bitchy apathy.

Nice looking benchmark. Because high settings rely on Gameworks, if I were looking to get this game, I might just pass. I run an RX Vega 56 and Gameworks will hold my card back.

Honestly you should be able to get a really good gameplay experience on the v56. Gameworks has never had a game breaking effect on AMD cards, if any difference we're talking a few fps on avg, which usually isn't even noticeable. You should be able to get an excellent 1080p experience, which is still what games are designed around these days. 4k is just an afterthough with bumped up textures on a game otherwise made for HD. If you wanted 4k you'd need a 1080ti anyway, but you already know that.

One thing I wish is that the game was selling for a discount. You can find a lot of games under or around 20 dollars in their first year after release, and this shouldn't be much different. They'd sell a hell of a lot more copies if the price was more attractive. 50 Dollars is going to limit this to a much smaller pc crowd that is usually content to sit and wait a few months until the price is right since it's not an online shooter. The going price for the ps4 game is only about 30 bucks right now so paying 20 more for the pc version is kinda shitty. I don't really care about the arguments about cost in porting it to pc with gameworks, every game requires work to run it on another platform, so that's a non factor.

Really looking forward to playing this on pc. I'm glad that Square has finally decided that computers are worthy of their content, and hope that the game sells enough to warrant future releases (FF7r). All of the optimizations and graphic improvements should really establish this as one of those graphical standards in gaming. I watched the prequel movie last year, and will probably give it another run through before I play this. There isn't enough Square CGI in the world.

Recent Square/FF ports to pc have been absolute fucking garbage and they essentially asked Nvidia to port this for them in exchange for the gameworks sticker. I think it was a good choice given that we're actually going to get a pc forward release, and not some ridiculous cpu locked bound console game with a pc launcher. FF13/-2/LR all ran extremely poor on pc, using almost none of the hardware advantages, and even requiring massive work around's to get basic controls or fullscreen working properly. AMD has no money to assist in porting games to pc so Nvidia was the logical solution. I'm glad they're decided to deliver a real PC game this time, I've only been waiting since the 90s for it.

Literally don't comprehend your comment, could care less about your bitchy apathy.

Honestly you should be able to get a really good gameplay experience on the v56. Gameworks has never had a game breaking effect on AMD cards, if any difference we're talking a few fps on avg, which usually isn't even noticeable. You should be able to get an excellent 1080p experience, which is still what games are designed around these days. 4k is just an afterthough with bumped up textures on a game otherwise made for HD. If you wanted 4k you'd need a 1080ti anyway, but you already know that.

One thing I wish is that the game was selling for a discount. You can find a lot of games under or around 20 dollars in their first year after release, and this shouldn't be much different. They'd sell a hell of a lot more copies if the price was more attractive. 50 Dollars is going to limit this to a much smaller pc crowd that is usually content to sit and wait a few months until the price is right since it's not an online shooter. The going price for the ps4 game is only about 30 bucks right now so paying 20 more for the pc version is kinda shitty. I don't really care about the arguments about cost in porting it to pc with gameworks, every game requires work to run it on another platform, so that's a non factor.

The current PS4 price is the normal edition of the game without any of the paid DLC. This version comes with all of the current DLC, just like the upcoming Royal Edition on consoles. Both versions are $50. In order to replicate that with the standard edition you need the $30 base game and the $25 season pass. So you'd be spending more than what the PC version costs and you still wouldn't have mod support like the PC version does.

It was actually a pretty good game.

Definitely, and I'm enjoying my second playthrough with 4K enabled (well, 1800P) on the PS4 Pro. Huge FF nerd here.

I'm anxiously looking forward to all the graphical goodies in the PC version, and all the cool HairWorks and Turf Effects implemented. I'll be building a new rig in the fall to replay this (and, well, a few other games since I've stopped gaming on the PC) to get the best possible experience

Back