Square Enix PC Games Surprise Box $9.99 (warm?)

I am not really amused by the box content, but they would make ok freebies for folks.

I never got my emails either, though you can get to the content via the confirmation email. May try to ask for a refund because of the inclusion of a subscription-based game.

Don't waste your time.

Square Enix Support (Square Enix Online Store Support)
Dec 19, 11:40
Dear Scgt1,
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Online Store Support.
Unfortunately we cannot cancel/refund or exchange your 2015 Holiday Surprise Box [PC DOWNLOAD] order once you have received it.
We understand that you might not like or already own some of the contents of this surprise box, but I'm afraid if we revealed its contents beforehand, then it wouldn't have been a surprise.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Best,
The Square Enix Online Store Team

Yup, got the same reply, well fuck you very much SE for this little holiday surprise.

I'll do the only thing I can do and vote with my money the next time.

Don't waste your time.

Square Enix Support (Square Enix Online Store Support)
Dec 19, 11:40
Dear Scgt1,
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Online Store Support.
Unfortunately we cannot cancel/refund or exchange your 2015 Holiday Surprise Box [PC DOWNLOAD] order once you have received it.
We understand that you might not like or already own some of the contents of this surprise box, but I'm afraid if we revealed its contents beforehand, then it wouldn't have been a surprise.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Best,
The Square Enix Online Store Team

well i got my confirmation email of the purchase but u do have to go to the body of the email to redeem the purchase. and i received the same above email when i sent a support ticket to them. so i'm stuck with games i really dont want.

Anybody want them?

I just put all the stuff I didn't need in the Perpetual Free Steam Codes Thread and was done with it, at least someone will get something out of it.

EDIT: Apparently the FF14 key doesn't work on Steam, needs to be through SE directly.

Last edited:
If anyone doesn't need their ff14 code, I have been wanting to try it =)

Lol some of the reactions in this thread are pretty funny, $10 bucks folks, $80 MSRP spread across 5 games not sure what ppl were expecting.

If you didn't have any of the games already it's a pretty great deal and for anyone wanting to try FFXIV the 30 days and base game is worth $10 by itself.

In case another here want to play ffxiv, give me a pm and i can send u a friend referral code where we can both get free in game item

I don't think I ever got an email for this bundle...can't find one anywhere, anyway.

anyone that buys something blindly without knowing the contents doesn't have the right to be outraged

Wait a second...it looks like last year they gave away the Master Thief Edition of Thief, but this year it seems to be zero DLC or anything? That's kind of a slap in the face. Though the Master Thief edition is just a single small DLC or something, still...

anyone that buys something blindly without knowing the contents doesn't have the right to be outraged

i'm not enraged just dont like the shitty games. think i will stick with humble bundle, bundle stars and indie gala.

and i have Thief(GONE) and Thief gold if anyone wants it.

Last edited:
I'm not disappointed for $10. I didn't have thief yet, I'm going to try FFIV as I need a new time waster. The rest I may try out.

I'm slightly disappointed, only at the inclusion of part one of a five part game and an MMO that requires a sub. I wouldn't call it five games, but that's just my perception. I don't think it's an awful deal or anything - just marketed poorly.

Back