Square Enix PC Games Surprise Box $9.99 (warm?)

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/294104/the-2015-holiday-surprise-box-pc-download

----
For just $9.99, you will receive a surprise selection of our most exciting PC download games worth over $80!
Stuffed with 5 PC download games, and additional store offerings, this is one holiday treat you just can’t pass up!
We'll be sending out individual game codes, so you'll also be able to gift them out individually!
----

Not sure whether it's worth it. Could be all crap games, then again, 10 bucks.

Found the list of previous boxes, seems worth $10:

[2013] Steam keys for Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Hitman: Blood Money and Dungeon Siege 3

[2014] Thief – The Master Thief Edition, The Last Remnant, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Lara Croft: Guardian of Light, Deus Ex – The Fall and Nosgoth Founders – Warlord Pack

In for three, will post what comes of it, will (hopefully) make good small gifts for folks.

I'm so much of a fan of Square Enix that I literally own their entire library with the exception of the new Hitman that's coming in installments it seems. Talk about the best sadness on the planet. Thanks for posting the deal as it slipped my mind to do so.

Dont understand these random game bundles. Like humble monthly. You are catering to people who play a lot of games which means they have a lot of games already.

Dont understand these random game bundles. Like humble monthly. You are catering to people who play a lot of games which means they have a lot of games already.

I don't have a lot of games and I bit. I would think SE knows their customer base better than you do.

As usual ordering something from square is a pain. How do you activate this? I don't get it.

Is each bundle random? Or the picks are random until reveal, but all the same once released?

Seems like the bundle is pre-determined, and everyone who buys it gets the same exact bundle.

You don't actually find out until it's released and when you find out, it's too late to purchase it if you haven't already.

A lot of people are hoping some FF games are in it but it seems like the previous couple did not have any FF games included.

Once the bundle is released, you get a bunch of Steam codes for the games (individual keys so you can gift them if you already have any).

Tempted to order one myself.

a surprise selection of our most exciting PC download games worth over $80!
Stuffed with 5 PC....

Well, I would guess they are using something closer to "suggested price" more so then street price, so $80 divided by 5 games. That's $13 each. I wouldn't expect something like Final Fantasy because that's going to be closer to $20-40 just for the one game....unless you're getting like the FF1 remaster or something.

Also, I have never known Square to be "generous" when it comes to their customers. The charge premium prices whenever possible.

FF13 had just been ported to PC in October 2014. Since then two more games were released. Also, each game is priced at around $20.

I think it's very possible.

It's for the digital hoarders IMHO. I suffer a little from it. Like when games are 70-80% off like elite dangerous was. I bought it played 30 minutes and went back to fallout 4

I want to bite but I have a good portion of their games already. Beside Lightning Returns, Fival Fantasy VI & Tomb Raider series I own everything else.

Hard for me to bite....
Hard... but seriously tempted :(

I bought both Square Enix Humble Bundles so I'm really thinking I should pass. But previously I think this has been closed to US customers so I'll be jealous if I miss out. I'll probably bite and pray for Sleeping Dogs.

And the box contents were...
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A REALM REBORN™ [PC DOWNLOAD]
LIFE IS STRANGE [PC DOWNLOAD]
FINAL FANTASY® XIII [PC DOWNLOAD]
LARA CROFT AND THE TEMPLE OF OSIRIS [PC DOWNLOAD]
THIEF [PC DOWNLOAD]

What a letdown. Stuff that was given out previous years. The humble monthly has been way better than this was.

The Life is Strange may be just episode one, since they also gave me a coupon to buy episodes 2 - 5 :(

Pretty poor box IMO, I was hoping for better.

lol wasn't expecting much, thought it would be like Deus Ex HR and Just Cause 2 or something.

The FFXIV might be OK if it comes with 30 days and someone wants to try it out, but you need the new Xpac for the latest content.

The rest I am pretty sure I have already.

Slightly less disappointed now that I realize the Lara Croft is the newer game. So that's one game I don't own and am actually interested in.

I saw Life is Strange, and thought "Dang it!"

Then I saw comments that it was just episode 1, and then no longer cared that I didn't buy into this.

is Thief the 'Master Thief Edition' or include any of the DLC?

considering a refund as i haven't used my key yet.
already own most of the titles and don't care about FF14

*edit*
I redeemed key and Thief is the regular version with no DLC :mad:
Thanks for going the extra mile squeenix

Last edited:
lol wasn't expecting much, thought it would be like Deus Ex HR and Just Cause 2 or something.

The FFXIV might be OK if it comes with 30 days and someone wants to try it out, but you need the new Xpac for the latest content.

The rest I am pretty sure I have already.

FFXIV comes with 30 days with the activation of a license.
Also for 10 bucks - this ain't bad at all. There's plenty to do with out the Heavensward expansion.

I was expecting the inclusion of 'Life is Strange'. Didn't anticipate the inclusion of only one episode.... :(

I don't have any of these so not too bad.

However the inclusion of an MMO and a single episode of a game is pretty shit.

I don't have any of these so not too bad.

However the inclusion of an MMO and a single episode of a game is pretty shit.

Yup, they aren't "giving a gift", they're leading us with carrots on sticks to purchase more of their games / subscriptions.

have already put in my support request for a refund. think i will stick to buying humble bundles or bundle stars. at least i know what i'm getting

I never even got an email from these douchebags saying my keys are in. Got my customer service email in also. What a fucking joke!

Last edited:
I am not really amused by the box content, but they would make ok freebies for folks.

I never got my emails either, though you can get to the content via the confirmation email. May try to ask for a refund because of the inclusion of a subscription-based game.

Back