spyware program that runs in background

xFuryofFivex

[H]ard|Gawd
i use ad-aware but this is for a user, that probaly wont remember to run the scan ever...lookin for something that will run in the background

if u don´t mind about spending your money a good one is Spyware Doctor v5.0 it gives u real time protection.

I agree wiith spyware and spybot, but neither provide proper background detection. Try spyware terminator - I used it for a while and it was pretty neat.

Windows Defender. (Free Download)

--Or--
Windows One Care. (Bought Software)

Both do Antispyware with realtime protection.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Seconded on Windows Defender. Live OneCare I'm not sold on yet (no pun intended); in testing I've seen a lot of stuff get by and it misses some other things I expect it to handle. Simple solution:

Get that person a proper browser (IE7, Firefox 2, Opera 9, Avant 11, etc) that can handle adware/adblocking/popup blocking; get them Windows Defender; and get them CrapCleaner (now just called CCleaner) and that should handle nearly every issue they may encounter with little to no user intervention.

Hope this helps...

Seconded on Windows Defender. Live OneCare I'm not sold on yet (no pun intended); in testing I've seen a lot of stuff get by and it misses some other things I expect it to handle. Simple solution:

Get that person a proper browser (IE7, Firefox 2, Opera 9, Avant 11, etc) that can handle adware/adblocking/popup blocking; get them Windows Defender; and get them CrapCleaner (now just called CCleaner) and that should handle nearly every issue they may encounter with little to no user intervention.

Hope this helps...

What did it miss?
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

AVG makes a tool that runs in the background. It's like $20 but you get a month of use free. AVG Antispyware is what it's called.

Back