Sprint voice and data plan for $30/mo?

Phone-as-modem is not included with that plan, but if you have the PPC-6700, Samsung A900, A920 or A940, you can disable NAI and tether for "free". The regular phone-as-modem rate is 0.02 per MByte I think which is not that bad in a pinch.

Text messages are unlimited.

Also, if you are good friends with a Sprint employee you can get an even more insanely cheap plan, but they would have to take responsibility if you don't pay your bills, so make sure you're really good buddies :p.

Text messaging is not part of SERO. If you got it, it's something you got separately.

Just got off the phone with customer service.

Indian guy told me the Motorola Q is out of stock and that they expect new stock in 2-3 days.

Wonderful!

Just to add some fuel to the fire there is a $100 MIR on the MotoQ right now from sprint and based on what it says it looks like it getting it through this site means that you could still be eligible for the rebate.
Sprint MotoQ Product Page

Free MotoQ FTW! :cool:

I ordered very early on Friday morning and since then the website has said that there was a delay in getting the phone, but now it's changed to Sprint processing. Sweet!

I've heard that rebate works and I am definitely going to try it.

Wow, this is weird.

My order has shipped as of 30 minutes ago. Just got the message and fed-ex tracking shows it picked up 30 minutes ago.

This is wonderful news for those waiting on their Q even though they just gave me conflicting information.

I selected the $5/month 300 text option, but in the Plan Overview in checkout, I don't see it!
Just wanted to make sure that you can in fact add a text plan before I bought it... thanks

i ordered it and did not show text messaging on checkout.. but the plan when i got the email had the 5 bucks txt messages included

got this phone on friday..i love this fucking thing lol

yea, the plan includes everything except text messaging. It's pretty awesome; there's a few phones that can be "hacked" to allow unlimited tethered internet (great for your laptop) I got a katana for the gps...

are there any reasons NOT to get the Moto Q with this deal, if I am looking at that phone?

Seeing you guys overjoyed with the MotoQ is giving me a case of "Gadget Envy". Though I do have the Bomb-A$$ plan @ a low monthly rate, I'm stuck with an A900 until at least July 2007. If anyone's interested, I'll post up how I got the deal once I get back to my desktop.

There is extensive information on various forums about how "disable NAI" for using "#777" to enable a Sprint phone as a CDMA broadband modem. Like most things though, if you overuse it or abuse it, they take it away from you. I've done PAM using A900 a few times, only when there was no other network option.

From the SprintPCS site's Product Description:

Phone as Modem

Use a USB cable or Bluetooth Wireless technology to connect with a PC for Internet and email access on the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network.

Someone maybe clarify something...go to cnet and look up the Motorola Q's review:

The bad: The Motorola Q lacks integrated Wi-Fi and analog roaming, and you can't use its Bluetooth as a wireless modem.

Really? So no hooking this up to a PC or PDA to get internet access?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also...from Sprint's site:
Sprint Vision or Power Vision Included Free

Power Vision(sm) Phones available: Samsung A940, Samsung A900, Sanyo MM-9000, Sanyo MM-7500

Sprint PCS Vision(sm) Phones available: LG VI-125, LG PM-225, Samsung VI-A820, Sanyo VI-2300, LG PM-325, Samsung PM-A840, Sanyo MM-8300, Samsung MM-A880, PalmOne Treo 650

Does anyone se the Motorola Q in that list? Its not there so is it still supported for even normal data access?

I've been reading in other forums that the Q doesn't support Sprint Picture mail. Is that the same as Multi-Media Messaging(MMS)?

Seems there are mixed feelings on the MotoQ. What phone are the rest of you going with?

I have the Q (got it a few days ago through SERO), I like it. If you don't need a PDA or multimedia phone, don't bother. If you just want MP3s, get the M1 or Upstage. If you just want a normal phone, the katana rocks (my old phone). But if you need a PDA and want a good phone as well, the Q does it's job well.

That being said... Inphonics are a bunch of assholes. Promised me next day air, and when I called after it shipped, told me it went out 2 day. When I checked my tracking number, they shipped it ground. UGH

That being said, I explained my plight with Sprint (adding in that I couldnt use picture MMS with the Q) and they gave me 500 texts per month for free, with the option of unlimited for $8.

how is tethering using the PDAnet software?

Its alright, crashes here or there but not more often than dropped connections anyway. Drains the battery extremely fast though if the phone is not plugged in.

Its alright, crashes here or there but not more often than dropped connections anyway. Drains the battery extremely fast though if the phone is not plugged in.

I appreciate the quick response :D

So what's better than getting a Q for free after $200 instant and $100 mail-in rebates? Making $100 on a Q after $200 instant and $200 mail-in rebates because someone at Sprint hit the wrong button. Observe:

rebate.jpg
:D :D :D

Heh, nice. Last year when I signed up for Verizon, I got free activation. About a week after I activated, I checked my account online and didn't see the free activation deduction, so I called and the rep put it in for me. Then a couple days later that system-generated one appeared, so I had two $35 deductions.

Had a nice, low first payment. :D

txt messaging is now FREE with sero.

phone as a modem is FREE with the ppc6700. (they can't detect your usage)

you don't need a friend with sprint, just use [email protected]

good luck!

yeah I noticed that too. I hadn't jumped on the deal before since I'm still on contract, but I recently might have found someone to take it over. Actually in retrospect I should have just got sero and paid the early termination fee because I would be saving enough over time to more than make up for it, as well as being able to sell my v3m.

Anyway, does anyone know if I can get in on this still? I might try after work, but it'd be slightly embarrassing to be denied :p (not that I care, really, but why waste my time?)

after checking around, it appears that you just need to get to the page that shows the number to call, so the savings@sprint address should work just fine. Can't wait to get me unlimited texts!

Back