Sprint voice and data plan for $30/mo?

rcrez

Limp Gawd
Here's how you get it:
1. Go to www.sprint.com/sero
2. Type in [email protected] in the login box, with your zip code.

After you add to cart one of the features it says is:
FREE! Unlimited Web, Data and Picture Mail

And the phone highlights are:
Bluetooth Wireless Technology

Ayone know if I can connect my laptop/PDA using bluetooth to this to get wireless ANYWHERE I am?

If the phone can get on the net and my PDA/Laptop can talk to my phone...then why can't my PDA/Laptop also get on the net through my phone?

If you look on other forums for hot deals you will see there are very long threads regarding this deal. From what I've read Sprint can tell if you're surfing the net on the phone or if you're using it as a modem for a laptop, and they will cut off your service if you use it as a modem. There may be software out there that can work around this issue, but it is correct that if you want to use the phone as a modem with this plan you are supposed to pay extra. You do get unlimited data transfer using the phone itself though.

How would they tell? ...because you've used too much bandwidth?

I have a PDA that has a nice google maps interface...its only usable on the net (won't cache data)...but who has net on the road

unless it can thether to my phone with a data plan...

You can use a program like PDAnet to get internet on your laptop without a tethering plan, but Sprint can tell by the amount of data you use whether or not you are doing this. Be careful...

How capable is the sprint phone in terms of:
1) using google maps (or other map service)
2) reading email, doing IM/gtalk
3) browsing major websites, like cnn

This is the plan that I have. The only "catch" is usually you have to know someone who works at Sprint. Every now and then they have the "[email protected]" email working.

I get 500 Anytime Minutes, Unlimited Data, 300 txt messages and insurance for $38.99 a month. Using a few discounts and rebates I was able to get a Palm Treo 700P for $150. I think I scored pretty well on this. Been using it for about 3 months now.

I'm in for a Motorola Q for $99.99

$30 month plan

500 minutes
400 txts
7pm nights and weekends
free mobile to mobile
unlimited internet
unlimited data
unlimited instant messaging

Someone maybe clarify something...go to cnet and look up the Motorola Q's review:

The bad: The Motorola Q lacks integrated Wi-Fi and analog roaming, and you can't use its Bluetooth as a wireless modem.

Really? So no hooking this up to a PC or PDA to get internet access?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also...from Sprint's site:
Sprint Vision or Power Vision Included Free

Power Vision(sm) Phones available: Samsung A940, Samsung A900, Sanyo MM-9000, Sanyo MM-7500

Sprint PCS Vision(sm) Phones available: LG VI-125, LG PM-225, Samsung VI-A820, Sanyo VI-2300, LG PM-325, Samsung PM-A840, Sanyo MM-8300, Samsung MM-A880, PalmOne Treo 650

Does anyone se the Motorola Q in that list? Its not there so is it still supported for even normal data access?

Apparantely PDAnet will let you tether your Motorola Q to a PC. Does anyone know if a Dell Axim x51v can work with it somehow?

Apparantely PDAnet will let you tether your Motorola Q to a PC. Does anyone know if a Dell Axim x51v can work with it somehow?

Unless the Axim is running Windows Mobile then I doubt it.

With this plan you will not need to use the PDA, you get unlimited data. Just go to http://www.google.com/mobile/

Google Maps for Mobile Phones. Free of charge and legal according to Sprint's TOS

How long did it take your order to go from processing/review to the next step?

Mine has been stuck in processing/review for the better part of the day.

The Sero plan i believe is for family and friends of sprint employees. You should be able to get the same deal by going into the store and saying you are a friend or family of a sprint representative and just give them their business card. This is posted on another site but not positive which one.

Of course the Axim uses windows mobile. It uses WM5....but I'm not sure how that is releveant...Read below about PDAnet"
"This software allows your PC/Laptop to go online by connecting to your Pocket PC phone or Windows Mobile phone through the ActiveSync cable, Bluetooth or InfraRed."
"Current version only runs on Windows XP/2000 and does not support Mac. Bluetooth support"

The software allows your PC/Laptop to go online...I want my Dell Axim x51v PDA (not a smartphone) to go online...My PDA runs WM5, not WinXP/2000...so would there still be some way to adapt it for that use?

I would rather surf the web on a 640x480 touchscreen resolution PDA than a 320x240 Motorola Q while I'm on the move...

Also, I would like to transfer my number from t-mobile and it asks for an account number. I don't have an account number as I use t-mobile to-go (prepaid). None of my personal information is in their file because the moment the minutes run out, the phone goes dead (no need to charge my credit card for going over)...

jumped on this for the motorola Q .. thank god my old contract just ended last week lol

this is a steal

Does the unlimited data plan include text messaging? If so I'm in for a Q, I've been wanting one of those since they announced they were going to make it.

I own a ppc6700 that I got through the sero plan. My girlfriend owns a treo700wx, also through sero.

I see a lot of questions about tethering. The ONLY phone that can tether undetected is the ppc6700. If you tether with another phone, will sprint romp your a55? Probably not, but they have in some cases.

One more note... the motoQ does not have a touch screen. that just plain s_cks.

This destroys the plan I have with Cingular. Bit the bullet - thanks!

I got the Q, and I'm not too concerned about the lack of a touchscreen. I've used my x51v long enough to know that I'd rather have a keyboard and lose the touch screen for a device that'd cost me half to replace (compared to an expensive WM5 device) if I lose or drop it.

How long did it take your order to go from processing/review to the next step?

Mine has been stuck in processing/review for the better part of the day.

Please let me know how quick you guys are approved.

I own a ppc6700 that I got through the sero plan. My girlfriend owns a treo700wx, also through sero.

I see a lot of questions about tethering. The ONLY phone that can tether undetected is the ppc6700. If you tether with another phone, will sprint romp your a55? Probably not, but they have in some cases.

One more note... the motoQ does not have a touch screen. that just plain s_cks.

I believe the 610 can do it too. It doesan't have a different IP when tethered (unlike most other phones)

To the person who asked about text messaging, it doesn't come with that.

Plan details are at the link below. All plans are the same, except the number of anytime minutes.
https://www.inphonic.com/helperpage...44185a6d9b47573563a0e&planid=14789&viewmode=1

Also...from Sprint's site:
Sprint Vision or Power Vision Included Free

Power Vision(sm) Phones available: Samsung A940, Samsung A900, Sanyo MM-9000, Sanyo MM-7500

Sprint PCS Vision(sm) Phones available: LG VI-125, LG PM-225, Samsung VI-A820, Sanyo VI-2300, LG PM-325, Samsung PM-A840, Sanyo MM-8300, Samsung MM-A880, PalmOne Treo 650

Does anyone se the Motorola Q in that list? Its not there so is it still supported for even normal data access?

Has anyone answered this yet? I looked and couldn't tell if anyone had. I'd be interested to know whether it gets the free data access.

damn .. if they included text messaging .... or even the option to buy text messaging i'd be on this like white on rice ....

o well.

Just dial *2 on your sprint phone and either

1. Tell them you want to add a text message plan

2. Your Friend "XXXX" told you you were supposed to get free text messages but you did not see that listed on your account

duah .. I didn't even think about that.

Question though: With sprint .. do incoming text messages count towards your total at the end of the month?

Also, what's the internet speed like on the sprint network as compared to tmobile's network? I have a sidekick 3 currently.

Well, my submission went through, but it seems the Q is on backorder so I'll have to wait a couple more days. :(

Yep. I got the bad news as well.

We are ready to ship your order.

The phone you ordered is extremely popular and we are currently moving additional inventory into stock. As soon as your phone is in stock, we will complete your order and ship it right away.

We apologize for this inconvenience; this process normally takes less than 72 hours. Once your order is ready to ship, we will send you an email and update this site.

I bit. Beats the hell out of the month-to-month T-Mobile plan I've been using for years. Same price, more minutes + data + lots of extra features.. SOLD! :)

Thanks OP.

About the Moto Q:

Has anyone answered this yet? I looked and couldn't tell if anyone had. I'd be interested to know whether it gets the free data access.

From the phone feature list on that site:

Compatibility Features

* Device Supports Voice Plans - Yes
* Device Supports Data Plans - Yes
* Available For Purchase Without Service Plan - Yes
* Device Supports Sprint Power Vision Access Pack - Yes

It looks like I am going to have to wait for my Q as well, but I'm not in any huge rush. I've managed to live through nearly 2 years of Cingular on an original Razr while paying $50 for just their 500 minute plan.

I got in on this tonight, called to order. The Q, they claim, is in stock, so if you're waiting on an order for it, you'll have it soon. I WANTED the Blackberry 7130, but RIM is cutting off the workaround that lets you have net/mail access without paying for the blackberry plan. Screw that.

How has this been working out for everyone? I'm thinking about going for it.. it's still active.

edit: Any way to transfer a number?

damn .. if they included text messaging .... or even the option to buy text messaging i'd be on this like white on rice ....

o well.

If you're a college student, you can get 300 free texts a month for a year.

http://www.sprintenterprise.com/collegeoffer/?id9=Ad_collegered_v1_features_facebook

or you can email Ecare and ask them nicely to add texts and that you had free texts before you switched to sprint. This is a YMMV, but people with SERO generally agree that getting 500 free texts is the easiest of the "perks" available. Hardest perks to get are 6PM nights and FIMF.

How has this been working out for everyone? I'm thinking about going for it.. it's still active.

edit: Any way to transfer a number?

If your phone is with any carrier other than sprint, you can port the number. Otherwise, you'd probably have to port your sprint number to a cheap prepaid phone and then port it back to sprint.

I've had the plan since 1/1/07 have had no problems.

Phone-as-modem is not included with that plan, but if you have the PPC-6700, Samsung A900, A920 or A940, you can disable NAI and tether for "free". The regular phone-as-modem rate is 0.02 per MByte I think which is not that bad in a pinch.

Text messages are unlimited.

Also, if you are good friends with a Sprint employee you can get an even more insanely cheap plan, but they would have to take responsibility if you don't pay your bills, so make sure you're really good buddies :p.

Back