Sprint Unveils 'Unlimited Guarantee'

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Sprint introduced its ‘Unlimited Guarantee’ to new and existing customers this week. The new plan promises unlimited voice calls, texting and data usage for the life of the service.

The move shows the wireless carrier pushing aggressively its differentiating factor in the market: a lack of caps on the monthly services it provides customers.

Actually this is a good deal for them (especially since the unlimited doesn't include hotspots and requires the user to remain in good standing with the company for the offer to remain valid) ... if it helps them attract a few customers then it is good business ... if it isn't financially sound then they can declare bankruptcy and wiggle out of the requirement ... win/win for them ... also, the other carriers are unlikely to match this because they can offer superior service and phone offerings to keep them competitive (ATT/Verizon) or contract free (T-Mobile)

This is good and unlimited data is why I've stayed with Sprint. The 4G LTE tower oround the Omaha/Council Bluffs areas are starting to go live, so Sprint kicks ass.

I had Sprint a year ago or so with unlimited 3G (BB Bold 9930). Would have been nice if their 3G was as fast or faster than EDGE which it never seemed to be anywhere in the 50 mile radius that I usually traverse on the daily. Thing is, I live in GA, about 30 minutes from Atlanta...service still sucked.

It's like I've said before, unlimited data is no good if you can't even manage a few megabytes of data a day. Fix/increase 3G/4G coverage and they might do well. For now though they are offering the same thing as a car with unlimited fuel...only problem is that the car is actually a brick.

I have Sprint since 2010. Aside from spotty 4G service I've had good service from them. My location help too. I'm 12 miles from NYC. I just got the Galaxy S4 and it rocks, even in 3G. I'm starting to pick up 4GLTE in some areas.

"Unlimited" is all Sprint has. I realize that service varies from place to place, but in the Seattle area service and data are just painfully bad. Delayed voice/data connections, incredibly slow speeds, limited LTE, etc. I stuck with them as I assumed the Network Vision upgrades would clear things up, but LTE is prevalent in my area and it's been overwhelmingly disappointing (I've even has to disable it completely for "reliable" 3g Internet). Not sure what's up with Sprints network, but if they're having this much trouble after rolling out upgraded towers it's not looking good.

I'm by no means trying to defend them. They do need to address their service issues. But let's see what comes from the shutdown of Nextel, acquisition of Clearwire and the cash infusion from Softbank. I'd say, give them a year and see what happens. If they still don't have their act together, I'll jump ship as well.

While it's nice to do the unlimited thing, it really doesn't help when you have a poor signal/coverage to begin with. I'm sure they have good coverage in some places, but I was given a Sprint phone for work in my area (Southeast) and it was terrible. I had to have them change me to Verizon.

I was on the sprint bandwagon for 2 years, my first droid phone (HTC Evo) with Spint's WiMax service. It sucked. Just like everyone else has said -- "unlimited" means nothing to me if I have to still wait 5 minutes for a youtube video to load.

Switched to Verizon - my bill went up about 20/month but I get pretty much 20mbit/sec almost everywhere I go in DFW, TX now. (funny enough i just closed on my first ever house, and Verizon LTE is full bars 22mbit+ download 12mbit upload in my living room :) At least now I don't have to rush to find a dsl/cable provider for a few weeks

Month to month 10GB limit doesn't hurt me, might be singing a different tune after I download the latest top gear episode that airs in a few hours in 720p and blow through 15% of my bandwidth in a single night, lol

Sooner or later people and companies will realize the price they charge for bandwidth is just plain nuts. With the push for cloud storage/netflix/hd streaming etc, even 100GB month for a home user can be cutting it very close.

It's guaranteed Unlimited but they left wording in there so they can increase the price whenever they want or if they decide that your phone no longer qualifies for the Unlimited Plan because it's too old you would need to upgrade your phone to keep it.

Nice but in the end still same old Big Cell Company bs.

We recently switched from Verizon to Sprint for the unlimited data (and the fact that where we live Sprint's coverage is actually much better than Verizon), it's good to see that they're sticking to their guns with the unlimited offerings. They're just starting to get LTE towers up in our area as well, can't wait!

I had Sprint for a long time. Never had an issue until I moved to where I am now. Sadly, I had to go Verizon because the coverage just wasn't good enough. I'd happily go back to Sprint if they got their coverage to be more competitive, though.

I don't get the point in getting sprint when there are 100 different provided on the sprint network offering the same thing for 20% the price and no 2 year contract.

I'm hoping the pending deal/buyout gives them the capital to get their network up. I always liked Sprint for the unlimited, but I had to switch because I just couldn't take their sloooooow speeds here in Vegas.

The fact Vegas was one of the first to get Sprint's 4G WIMAX, a now abandoned technology on their cell phones, is slowing it from getting their proper 4G LTE. They seem to be doing small towns/cities with a little amount of towers to because it's easier to check them off and add them to their "LTE" map.

I tried out sprint for a month in 2010. Worst service EVER. I live in friggin houston. I got the EVO on the day WiMAX went live in houston and I could barely get 3mbps when ATT was far ahead already. The best I ever saw on WiMAX was like 6mbps. The 3G then was ok and usable, but my uncles who are one sprint now say its unusable you cant really do anything on it. If verizon didnt change their plans I would have stayed since I had unlimited but I pay for my parents as well and they needed new phones which I didnt want to pay so much out of pocket for and went to ATT which actually has stellar service. I get LTE in my house when Verizon didnt.

I have Sprint. And while the 4GLTE service is ehhhhh ok at best, it's spotty and their devices do not switch to 4G when in a 4G area. My GS3, where I know is 4G, will still be sitting in 3G. I have to disable mobile data and reenable it. Very annoying. And their 3G fucking sucks ass. Can't even stream low quality Pandora on their 3G.

So, please, take all you want. So long as it's from this empty bowl.

While it's nice to do the unlimited thing, it really doesn't help when you have a poor signal/coverage to begin with. I'm sure they have good coverage in some places, but I was given a Sprint phone for work in my area (Southeast) and it was terrible. I had to have them change me to Verizon.

Pretty much the same here in the DC area. Sprints service is so bad in this region, you get unlimited battery killing signal searching but little else. I'm paying way more on Verizon, but can at least use my phone.

no 4g here with spring, 3g has too many customers, not enough bandwidth here. Trying to surf the internet or download apps over cell here is a pointless exercise in futility most of the time. I have to use wifi.

I got in on something similar with the HTC EVO, and after almost 2 years like weeks before the first of us were eligible for upgrades and whatnot, they disqualified everyone through some minor change dropping us from the sliver program or whatever it was called, new data caps, etc. 4G service was great when I started (was a day one customer) but as everyone joined, it was basically 3G speeds after a year. So what I mean is, yeah right I don't trust Sprint's marketing. The "life of the service" ... it will reach the end of its life in 100 weeks by definition.

There coverage is horrible unless your in a major city, att or verizon only options in my area that have reliable network. I would love to be paying half the cost of my bill to someone else but the big two have the best networks....

I'm hoping the pending deal/buyout gives them the capital to get their network up. I always liked Sprint for the unlimited, but I had to switch because I just couldn't take their sloooooow speeds here in Vegas.

The fact Vegas was one of the first to get Sprint's 4G WIMAX, a now abandoned technology on their cell phones, is slowing it from getting their proper 4G LTE. They seem to be doing small towns/cities with a little amount of towers to because it's easier to check them off and add them to their "LTE" map.

The deal was approved and is going forward. The main guy was known to destroy the pricing of cellphone contracts and services in japan to gain market share, which resulted in much lower costs across the board for ALL wireless providers. I believe they are now the largest provider based on customers. So this is one of the reasons i took a chance and switched to sprint earlier this year, with the deal finalized and approved at this point, plus this announcement, im very happy i switched. I fucking hate verizon whom i had prior to this and who overcharged me numerous times. And AT&T i had relatives who owned a lot of their stock and were basically treated like shit when dealing with investor information. SO yea... im more than happy now even though the service here isnt as good on sprint as it is on verizon, but im so far out in the boonies, its not really noticeable anyway.

This plan confuses me how is it any different than what we already have? Right now I already pay $30 / line because its 20+10 for premium data. Everything is unlimited already except day time calls to land lines in which case its impossible to use that many minutes only during the day to landlines. I can't even think of any land lines I call.

Now if it is $30 + 10 for premium data this will actually be more expensive.

You are paying for unlimited to landlines when you switch plans as all smartphone plans currently have unlimited text, data, and voice to any mobile phone.
So unless you are calling a lot of land lines, there is no need to switch, unless the plans are cheaper.

I ditched sprint not because I had shitty reception, almost always had 3-4 bars the problem was calls dropped and data was slow as fuck because of the backend systems that get swamped by usage that are not getting upgraded.

Back