Sprint Nexus S..

EricJD

Limp Gawd
I recently bought an iPhone 4S on Sprint. If I were to buy a Sprint Nexus S 4G (from Craigslist or eBay or whatever), would it just work if I stuck the SIM card from my iPhone in it? I'm not sure how CDMA works these days as I've been a GSM phone user in the past.

You also have to make sure that the ESN (serial number) hasn't been blacklisted, usually because of a last/stolen phone, or a balance owed on the previous owner's account.

Alright, thanks for the answers. I don't think it's worth the effort. I thought maybe since the iPhone is activated via SIM card, other newish phones would work the same way. It'd be nice to be able to switch between iOS and Android on a whim.

Alright, thanks for the answers. I don't think it's worth the effort. I thought maybe since the iPhone is activated via SIM card, other newish phones would work the same way. It'd be nice to be able to switch between iOS and Android on a whim.

All you do is go online and do it, pretty simple. Wouldn't effect you really

I might be confused here...but...I can take my Tmobile sim OUT of my Nexus and put it in my unlocked Iphone and it works.
As long as the Nexus is an unlocked phone wouldnt it work?

I might be confused here...but...I can take my Tmobile sim OUT of my Nexus and put it in my unlocked Iphone and it works.
As long as the Nexus is an unlocked phone wouldnt it work?

No, Sprint is CDMA only. Meanning, they do not use SIM's at all. The Sim in the Iphone 4S and Photon 4g are tecnically for international use. You won't be able to get a Tmobile Nexus work on Sprint's network.

No, Sprint is CDMA only. Meanning, they do not use SIM's at all. The Sim in the Iphone 4S and Photon 4g are tecnically for international use. You won't be able to get a Tmobile Nexus work on Sprint's network.

My bad. Wasn't paying attention.

Back