Sprint Magic Box: Kill it with fire?

Monkey34

Supreme [H]ardness
Got this offer today:
Untitled2.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like all this does is use MY electricity to enable some other Jamoke to get better data speeds. AFAIK, this does nothing for text or cell calls....just data. Well, I've got WIFI (like 95% of people) so I can't see why I might need this.

Seems like this is just like Comcast trying to get people to extend coverage to neighbors and drive-bys through their routers.

If your Sprint service is acceptable where you are, you don't need it. These are intended for use where Sprint service is weak.

If your Sprint service is acceptable where you are, you don't need it. These are intended for use where Sprint service is weak.
Seems pointless to me. The only possible person this could help is someone without WIFI....especially since it only effects data, and doesn't improve calls and texts.

Last edited:
Back in the day I was talking with some Sprint engineers at a Sprint conference. I asked why does the data count against me if I had this in the office or my house? These were days before unlimited data was really an affordable thing.

They instead hooked me up with the employee plan that a lot of folks got but also gave me a zero throttling account for being an official sprint data speed tester, or whatever that title is called. Sometimes when I call in they thought I was a real employee with that title.

In the same conversation with those engineers, I also brought up that there was zero coverage at the office even though the coverage map suggest there was; the engineers actually came to the office to run tests and discovered that we were indeed in a dark zone, not just weak but rather non-existent. They hooked me up with a lot of other stuff too, like free phones to test my Android apps cause they saw that we made mobile apps. In return they asked if they could periodically come by to test the signal.

I only left Sprint because years later Sprint wouldn’t let me get a new personal phone without a new plan, with a 2 year contract, which I did get. (They also stopped giving me free devices due to various reasons; all those older free phones were like at least a generation behind; and those were the days that each generation brought huge changes.) And then I left cause the prices just wasn’t worth it, especially when T-Mobile was nearly giving away new then top of the line iPhone 6s (plural of OG iPhone 6, not the future iPhone 6S).

The moral of the story is know how to talk to people. Especially learn how to talk with folks who has some power. Be logical and appeal to common sense or shared frustrations. Be constructive in the complaints.

Last edited:
Back