Sprint Cancels Store Leave, Confirms iPhone 5 Launch Window

Sprint users: Sprint is going to change one of their fees beginning in October, which means you can call, cancel your contract, and re-subscribe when the iPhone 5 or the Galaxy S II launches.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=255073&t=3212758

This really could not have been timed better.

Good luck with that. After cancelling they have a 30 day waiting period, even if you sign up under a different primary user, they hold your phone number/s hostage for 30 days. They've given me the run around alot recently. They used to bump your early upgrade by a month, and now they give you about 15 days. I wont be surprised if their customer service begins to degrade now once the ip5 hits. It seems that quality care drops where ever theres a large migration of Iphone users.

I was able to call in and get out of the contracts on all three of my lines this morning with zero issues. I went month-to-month and my contract fulfillment dates on the website now list 9/12/2011. My upgrades are reset on all my lines. So now I can stay with them and upgrade to the SGS2 or the iPhone5 when they come out.

I wasn't planning on leaving Sprint anyway as I have a 27% discount on top of the already awesome pricing and unlimited data, so this was just icing on the cake for me.

Buy an iphone5 for double of what it costs to make, pay 25-50% more for monthly service, and pay more for most costly apps.

Or get an android phone, that does the same stuff AND MORE, with free or cheaper apps, and have a cheaper monthly bill.

Sorry to all you apple fanboys, i'm not just hating on apple... I'm hating that most iphone people are sheeple, and waste their money on things they think everyone else wants. And the best part is most of them think, and incorrectly BOAST that the iphone is the best.

That's why they get hated on so much, get a clue suckers (truly suckers, IMHO). It's a great phone, don't get me fuckin wrong... but its GROSSLY overhyped and overpriced for a fact. Just like Facebook. That's why I personally hate on them... and that's completely logical to me.

Christ Almighty.

I'm a sprint user, and I love wimax. I get a pretty good signal all over the St. Louis area on my Evo 3D. That being said, if the iPhone 5 doesn't have any 4G option, I'm not buying it. I can't handle streaming music or video over 3G.

So using this admin price increase you can just break all your contracts ? But stay with sprint? I thought you would need to leave sprint in order for that to happen. In which case while the price increase sucks I cannot get things cheaper anywhere else. I am getting tired of sprint raising prices though. So far I have seen a $10 per line data fee, $1 per line insurance increase, and now a $1.50 per line admin fee which is bullshit whatever you call it it is a increase in the cost of the plan.

What's the matter? The truth hurts? Baaaah...

Uh no? The truth isn't even there? More free apps? Cheaper apps?

Don't tell me you're blindly agreeing with him without even looking it up?

hopefully this means cheap android sprint phones and I can get one to activate on sero....

I was able to call in and get out of the contracts on all three of my lines this morning with zero issues. I went month-to-month and my contract fulfillment dates on the website now list 9/12/2011. My upgrades are reset on all my lines. So now I can stay with them and upgrade to the SGS2 or the iPhone5 when they come out.

I wasn't planning on leaving Sprint anyway as I have a 27% discount on top of the already awesome pricing and unlimited data, so this was just icing on the cake for me.

I don't see how that's possible without them dropping you. I previously made an attempt to get out of my contract when they changed the rates and they told us the only thing they could do was cancel our phones and then wait 30 days to reactivate.

That *is* what is going to happen, and its whats going to turn people like me from MS haters back into believers.

One OS, on your phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, whatever you own, that runs all the same apps (if thats what you want), that handles all the same file types, that is never obsoleted by the manufacturer......

Its the logical conclusion of the Motorola Atrix concept, except this time, it will actually work... Obviously Win8 wont make it onto phones right away, but that is the obvious conclusion...

Win Phone 7 is dead in the water, and as the resident MS basher, even I think thats OK. Win 8 is going to set the world on fire....

If what you're saying actually happens, I'll be a believer too. I'm excited to see if they can do it.

If they can, I'll be one of the first people in line for a Win 8 Phone.

I don't see how that's possible without them dropping you. I previously made an attempt to get out of my contract when they changed the rates and they told us the only thing they could do was cancel our phones and then wait 30 days to reactivate.

Just sharing what a nice woman in retentions offered me. Not everyone will have that much good fortune, but I did.

Just sharing what a nice woman in retentions offered me. Not everyone will have that much good fortune, but I did.

You're 1 in a million then, Slickdeals is reporting everyone being rejected, especially because it's becoming very common.

My 3GS is on its last legs and I am outside of my AT&T contract. Not sure what to do. I really do like iOS for mobile purposes, but I am also a Zune Pass user so a Win 7 phone might be nice. Then again, the latest Android phones have been boss.

As usual, it will come down to what the gf wants to do so we can get mobile to mobile, and then have to pick a phone with that carrier.

As usual, it will come down to what the gf wants to do so we can get mobile to mobile, and then have to pick a phone with that carrier.

Just saw an AT&T commercial while watching football this weekend, and it appears they were offering free calling to any mobile in the US? The gist seemed to be not just AT&T subscribers. Not sure of the fine print, but an interesting offer nontheless.

Sheeeeit. Too bad I'm on a shared plan with Verizon... Really frustrated with the data caps, but hope this makes them think twice about such a woefully low data allotment each month. Getting myself an iPhone either way!

wimax is no 4g it is barely 3g and 12 bucks extra for "4g" data stop

This is false now sprint charges you $10 bucks for any data plan now regardless of 4g capabilities of the phone. Their advertisements are very misleading. But at the end of the day it does not matter because no post paid carrier can beat sprints prices. So even though I hate the $10 premium data charge and extra $1 increase in insurance and extra $1.50 coming for admin fees I still cannot take my business anywhere else with out a major increase in price.

Just saw an AT&T commercial while watching football this weekend, and it appears they were offering free calling to any mobile in the US? The gist seemed to be not just AT&T subscribers. Not sure of the fine print, but an interesting offer nontheless.

Sprint has offered free mobilie to mobile calling to any carrier in the USA for a long time now. So you can get sprint and not care if your friends are on verizon. It becomes your firends problem if verizon does not do the same.

Back