Sprint and HTC Diamond

Crimson

Gawd
I have att now and was using a 8125 until the screen cracked and currently without a phone! Sprint will be releasing the htc diamond soon and I am thinking about going to Sprint.

I have heard sprint fan boys and also the haters (from phonearena.com). My questions is to current and past sprint owners in this forum. Your opinion of sprint... no flame wars please!

Other info: my wife has Verizon, but the pda/smartphone selection is poor. The htc diamond has the features I want.

It all depends on the coverage in your area. Sprint reception is great where I am, so I have no complaints. I would recommend checking it out and seeing what kind of signal you get.

+ 1

It really varies where you live. Here Sprint blows. Verizon came in a couple years ago but I have never tried them. I like the fact I can get reception with my GSM phones in the big concrete building where I work where everyone with CDMA get squat. I even get decent data reception. When I was with Sprint I would drop calls daily, didn't matter what phone I had and I always bought the nicer ones hoping it would get bettter. I could be sitting on my couch at home with good reception and just lose signal. I don't remember the last time I dropped a call with CIngular/AT&T. Actually, last time was after Verizon purchased the company that owns Unicell, which offers GSM where I live, and Verizon techs came out and messed with the GSM Towers and made handoffs from tower to tower a nightmare. Needless to say that didn't last long.

Some places the opposite is true. Ask friends, coworkers etc. what they think.

Thats what I figured. According to the map I shouldnt have a problem (New Jersey). Correct me if I am wrong, when you get a dropped call it could be the result of the phone switching from sprint network to another? I guess you can set the phones to always roam which would use the verizon network. However, I think sprint puts a limit on how much you can roam.

Most people I asked have either verizon or att. I have 30 days to try it out.

Thanks!

No, you can drop calls and only have one carrier in your area. Some are due to handoffs between two towers, others are poor reception or interference.

Sprint guy here. I'm in the Central VA area and I get decent reception. I've been with Sprint for couple years now and my contract actually ends in October but there seems to be lots of Verizon lovers around here but I don't really like their phone selection. Sprint plans are pretty decent though, and I get a discount on my plan through work. I'm currently looking at the $70 plan + Instinct possibly if I have the funds for it (2 more semesters left of college woot). The HTC phones do look pretty sweet, will have to wait for some reviews/videos for sure.

Why switch? ATT has the Touch Pro coming out soon. Which is the Diamond but with a slide out keyboard

ATT is getting the htc touch pro but its called Fuze. Also please dont switch to sprint their service is horrible. I couldnt stand them for the whole 2 years. My bill every month would be different and just couldnt understand why...so i switch to tmobile and everything has been great. Now my contract is up so im switch ti ATT for the Fuze.

I just pulled the trigger with sprint and the diamond. It's being shipped to me. The thing is with the corporate discount I receive it makes the service reasonable compared to the others (with the data plan).

The 8125 became annoying due to weight. I ended up leaving the phone on my desk more than wearing it. The pro is not much smaller and that's why I went with the diamond. I heard rumors from moblie websites that the verizon diamond will be stripped down.

I have had my billing issues with att. It happened when att changed to cingular. One day I received a bill for $2,500.00. It took 2 months for them to fix it!

I have 30 day test drive and will see how it works out.

i had sprint for about a year & 1/2 , honestly there service was very flakey

lots of dead areas for me

switched to tmobile , oddly & have service everywhere ...

Back