Spreadsheet ratio calculator tips?

duronboy

Gawd
My GTX 670 was sent the kill signal and has obeyed. 800x600 and cinnamon pixels galore. Like they do. A new, or even replacement used, isn't in the cards right now(pun intended), this is what I doin'.

I remember someone making a price/performance chart based on passmark's site a while back, but I can't find it now, and so I thought i'd make it again myself. Yeah, passmark's price/performance chart doesn't always make sense and has a lot of irrelevant garbage in there.

I'm having difficulty calculating the price performance ratio.

gpuppr.png

I'm not sure this is the best formula. I manually entered in the data in the 'E' column, but I want it to be automatic. Also, I want the entire column to be a ratio column, taking info from B and C, without having to paste the formula and then edit the row coords every time. But if I have to I have to.

I'm not sure this is the best formula.
I am not sure why you are doing a concat or the GCD in column D. Is it just for visually for you?

I want the entire column to be a ratio column, taking info from B and C, without having to paste the formula and then edit the row coords every time
Then column E's equation should just be B/C.

Once you have one cell done you can highlight it, control c to copy, select the cells below it, and paste. Excel updates the row numbers accordingly.

Ok I'm not sure why I didn't just try B/C because that's exactly what I would have wanted and it makes sense. I was just copying and pasting formulas I found online. The concat one was the only one that worked at all without an error.

Ok, in Libreoffice, if I paste "special" and choose "formula," it does the thing.

If you wanted you could also truncate the result of B/C, and concat with the assumed " : 1", to make it look cleaner (at the expense of some numerical accuracy).

If you mean to have it round to the nearest whole number, or even merely truncate after the decimal, that would be sweet! I fundamentally don't understand how to structure and present these formulas. I tried appending " : 1" to the end of (B/C) and it gives an error.
I looked up how to round numbers in Excel and the answer was analogous to Libre, thankfully.

truncate_dec.png

Should be a trunc() function (or something like that) which removes everything after the decimal (and the decimal). To append you'll either need to use a function and pass everything you want ( append(trunc(B/C), " : 1 "), or some such).

Edit: Or do something like, =B/C + " : 1"
Dunno if the latter is valid, though. Sorry, sorta trailed off there.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how long it would take me to figure it out lol. I'm glad you brought up the possibility and that encouraged me to find the GUI solution. Which is fine.

Back