Spotify Increases Offline Song Limit to 50,000 Tracks Across Five Devices

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Spotify has finally capitulated to customer pressure and increased its offline song limit to 50,000 tracks across five devices. That's 10,000 songs across each device! The old limit was 3,333 across three devices.

"At Spotify, we're always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device -- from 3,333 on three devices to 10,000 tracks per device for up to five devices," a Spotify spokesperson says.

That's funny.

I've been using it for years and occasionally has issues losing offline songs, but I never noticed there was a limit.

Im convinced that people that fill up a device with that much music are just straight music hoarders and probably only listen to 6% of it. I like music just as much as the next guy, but there is no reason for me to download every album from every single band I like when I really dont even want to listen to at minimum half of those songs.

That's funny.

I've been using it for years and occasionally has issues losing offline songs, but I never noticed there was a limit.

50000 songs? Who the fuck listens to that much music?

I did a bit of math, assuming you listen to 4 minute pop songs, that's around 4 months of continuous music.

Did they really need to increase it? Not against it, by all means, but as the guy above me said, hoarders

Are there really 50,000 songs you'd want to hear more than once? Maybe 500-1000. If we can include music from previous centuries...

That's about 4,166 albums/CDs Figuring avg album has 12 tracks.
4,166 !!!! That's a lot of music.

Responding to user pressure my arse. More like it's a way to release news that sounds really cool and positive without it making one iota of actual difference.

DCQrTMQ.jpg

But it's from cd's and purchases instead. :(

Definitely better to have more than 1,111 on one device. If you get 35 tracks from 35 artists you already exceeded that limit.

If you Google "bands like ______" the suggestions are usually good and you can get two albums from them, but there are 7+ recommendations.

I wish they'd get more content that isn't made up of shitty obscure live albums.

I currently have close to 58K MP3's ripped from CD's from over the years.:eek: Music from the big band era, jazz, rock, metal, R&B, industrial, punk, indie, pop, holiday, etc., to comedy stars on stage or in the studio. I love the ability to pop up my player and hit full-on random or break out a category and let it run while I work, play or entertain.

They're only tracks/artists I like and as I've already paid for the music, I see absolutely no need to pay for what I see as a useless service on a monthly/yearly basis. I also push or update randomized playlists to my phone, so I always have between 2K-5K of music while I'm out and about- no connection, data usage or reception issues.;)

I'm constantly adding to my library and I rarely, if ever, come close to spending as much as I would on any of the services for the year. The benefit is they're all new and a one time cost that pays for itself well into the future.:D

I dont know how/why live albums are a thing. Terrible music quality, lyrics often sound like garbage if they are actually sang live, the crowd cheering for 45 seconds at the beginning and end of a song, etc. Why do people spend money on these?

I wish they'd get more content that isn't made up of shitty obscure live albums.

Back