Sports Groups Blocking Athlete Bloggers

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is not the fact that sports groups are banning athletes from blogging during the Pan American Games that bothers me. It isn’t the blocking of photos, the talk of protecting advertisers, maximizing revenue, threats of lawsuits and protecting licensing agreements that bothers me either. What bothers me is that, in a two page article about complete media block outs of sporting events, nobody mentioned the fans…not once.

He describes athlete blogging in general as a cathartic outlet for competitors to release pent-up thoughts and feelings. "Our athletes will abide by whatever the local rules are," he said, but he called the blogging ban "shocking." "It's certainly an egregious form of censorship," he said.

Steve, you're so silly.

Why would *anyone* care about the fans?

All they do is bring the money in for all the athletes, sponsors and owners. :p

The bit about "maximizing revenue" is the fans ;). That's all fans are to these folks.

:( damn pathetic ain't it?

They forget, without fans there is no money.

Hell, it'd be funny for the ATHLETES to wake up and realize..."hey wait, if we all protest the games, there is nothing to watch.

I hear they are breeeding new athletes as we speak:

http://www.****************************/future_athlete.jpg

LOL, ok now that's funny, sad and really true all at the same time.

I also reported that post to an admin, that Hypothermia dude is gonna be pissed when he finds out your ganking his bandwidth. :D

Back