Splitting a 4K AORUS FV43U Monitor into Four Equal 1080P Quadrants

pcs4nfts

n00b
The monitor has 4 input sources, HDMI1, HDMI2, DisplayPort and USB-C, and built in PIP/PBP settings to split the screen into 2 parts, but I thought splitting it into 4 was possible before purchasing this screen. When I refer to 4, I'm mean four separate 1080p video inputs from my laptop, an 1080p Eluktronics RP-15 with a GeForce RTX 2060 card. I know that I can split the screen with different software, but I don't want to do that with one 1080p source. I want to use 4 individual 1080P sources in each of the four quadrants of the monitor, just like I use to do with 4 separate 1080P monitors before I purchased this 4K gaming monitor from AORUS. Any suggestions?

aorus.jpg

according to the manual is doesnt work like that, and nothing i can find indicates it would.

1642986122736.png

There are monitors that do that such as this one: https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-43UD79-B.ACN
I think this is the updated version of the same monitor and it also does 4 way split 4 input : https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1544277-REG/lg_43un700_b_43_4k_uhd_ips.html
I know. The LG is almost half the price and it does what I need. That's the one that I had looked at originally and assumed that the FV, being a better monitor, did this as well. I mean, why not? The inputs are there. I may just return it. Bummer.

I know. The LG is almost half the price and it does what I need. That's the one that I had looked at originally and assumed that the FV, being a better monitor, did this as well. I mean, why not? The inputs are there. I may just return it. Bummer.

It is a shame. I own both a UD 79B and the FV43u. I did in fact use the 4 way split sometimes but the thing would reset one of the inputs each time turned it on and I would have to re-set the source... that and changes inputs on it in general was slow. I really loved that moniter for productivity, but I traded it as a daily with my FV43u to get that sweet high refresh and Gsync compatible. To me the 43" size is almost perfect, but the perfect screen at this size is not quite here lol.

Yeah unfortunately splitting the screen for multiple inputs is often implemented in a rubbish way on most monitors. It's a shame that for using external devices for that you quickly get into some super expensive gear or stuff that just does not work for even 4K 60 Hz.

Back