Splintercell: Blacklist

it's assassin's cell with some dude that's clearly not sam fisher.

son. i am dissapoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYGoFH6bWXg&feature=player_embedded

I was hoping that SC would return to its roots of primarily stealth orientated game play, but I am really not confident that this is going to happen if the CG trailer is indicative of what we can expect.

/sigh

I didn't. I liked SCC. Frankly I think it's underrated and overlooked. Sure, I loved the older games, too, but SCC was hardly a POS. I'm looking forward to this.

And it doesn't sound like Michael Ironside is voicing Sam Fisher anymore.

Now THAT is a big problem.

Gameplay trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuhfD48VRGE

Really wish more dev's would demo their stuff on PC at E3, console visuals are starting to look seriously dated.

Couldn't agree more. I was surprised at how damned good Watch Dogs looked considering that we all know everything is nonstop consoles only all the time.

Edit: uch....they are still using the bullshit auto-kill mechanic.

Which is completely optional. You never have to use it if you don't want.

Pick, pick, pick...

Damn every time I want a buzz kill I can just come on this forum for a few minutes.

I didn't. I liked SCC. Frankly I think it's underrated and overlooked. Sure, I loved the older games, too, but SCC was hardly a POS. I'm looking forward to this

I didn't say it was a POS, but all the appealing aspects which made the franchise unique are being swallowed up be a mentality that you need a run and gun mechanic in order to appeal to a broader audience. IMHO splintercell chaos theory provided a much better balance between confrontational action and stealth.

Which is completely optional. You never have to use it if you don't want.

Pick, pick, pick...

Damn every time I want a buzz kill I can just come on this forum for a few minutes.

Except that the game was balanced on the basis that you could use it, and as far as I can recall there were scenarios where they threw enough enemies at you, and balanced the AI accordingly, such that you almost had no choice.

Anyway, feel free to place me on your ignore list if the harsh realities of my posts are too much to bear. :p

Deniable Ops and the Spy vs Mercenaries game modes are both coming back, according to the Ubisoft press conference.

I didn't say it was a POS, but all the appealing aspects which made the franchise unique are being swallowed up be a mentality that you need a run and gun mechanic in order to appeal to a broader audience. IMHO splintercell chaos theory provided a much better balance between confrontational action and stealth.

I won't disagree with this. Chaos Theory is THE pinnacle of the series hands down.

FWIW: I played Conviction in a fairly non "run and gun" style because I found if I really tried to play it that way I died. A lot.

But no question that SCC leaned more towards that "broader audience" concept you're talking about.

I'm simply saying that on its own merits it's a pretty damned good game in its own right and I feel like it deserved more of a chance and look than it got.

Except that the game was balanced on the basis that you could use it, and as far as I can recall there were scenarios where they threw enough enemies at you, and balanced the AI accordingly, such that you almost had no choice.

Ok, that's fair enough. I remember some situations where it was a like a "boss fight" except it wasn't and it was certainly more expedient to use that mechanic in those sitautions although you really didn't have to if you were patient, hid in the areas, etc.

I wasn't that patient. ;)

Anyway, feel free to place me on your ignore list if the harsh realities of my posts are too much to bear. :p

Your opinions aren't facts. :) I like you. :)

I want to see that first version of Splinter Cell Conviction...the one where Sam was on the run from the police and you had to blend into crowds in public areas in daggy clothes and such. What the fuck happened to that game?

Might of ended up in Watch Dogs. ;)

Oh, and apparently mo-cap is the reason Ironside has been scrapped...

http://kotaku.com/5915764/michael-ironside-isnt-sam-fisher-anymore-this-other-guy-is

That SUCKS. Ever heard of a voice over? You have this dude do the mo-cap and put in MI's voice. That's not rocket science!

It wouldn't be so bad if the new voice actor wasn't so fucking terrible. He puts no effort into any of the lines that we've heard so far, his voice does not match Fisher's build, age or demeanour, and sounds like some college kid who's reading the script to himself aloud in the bathroom.

If nonsense like WWE 12 can use motion capture and have all the wrestlers do their own voice overs then there's NO excuse for this. None.

Time to make noise, people. It might work. It got Dark Souls on the PC. ;)

I never understood why ppl bashed Conviction. IMO, it was a solid 8.5, semi-stealth, moderately-action based, with a plethora amounts of cool & fun gadgets and sidearms at your disposal. The maps were always slick and properly made, making your kills rewarding and justified.

Just saw Blacklist gameplay, it was fuaaaaaaaaaaaaarking sick. The gun/bullet/death animation were juicy and incredible. Knifing had a smooth lock on.

So what if it's a little more action-oriented? It still has most of its stealth elements. And that was just a 3 min trailer. At least they didn't butcher the franchise like RE5 / RE6 did.

Well, the voice is very disappointing. We'll see how the game actually is. Not being a hardcore gamer myself I play games just as entertainment, and this will just be another game on my list.

I never understood why ppl bashed Conviction. IMO, it was a solid 8.5, semi-stealth, moderately-action based, with a plethora amounts of cool & fun gadgets and sidearms at your disposal. The maps were always slick and properly made, making your kills rewarding and justified.

I agree. Taken on its own merit it's an excellent game.

Just saw Blacklist gameplay, it was fuaaaaaaaaaaaaarking sick. The gun/bullet/death animation were juicy and incredible. Knifing had a smooth lock on.

So what if it's a little more action-oriented? It still has most of its stealth elements. And that was just a 3 min trailer. At least they didn't butcher the franchise like RE5 / RE6 did.

Not having Ironside needlessly is a step towards butchering IMO and I hope people make a lot of noise over it. If WWE wrestling games can do mo cap and have all the wrestlers come in and do voice overs then there simply is no excuse for this. None.

I don't care if the game slips from March 2013 to Fall 2013 if it means getting it done right. No Ironside = a beta and incomplete product in my eyes.

I agree. Taken on its own merit it's an excellent game.

Not having Ironside needlessly is a step towards butchering IMO and I hope people make a lot of noise over it. If WWE wrestling games can do mo cap and have all the wrestlers come in and do voice overs then there simply is no excuse for this. None.

I don't care if the game slips from March 2013 to Fall 2013 if it means getting it done right. No Ironside = a beta and incomplete product in my eyes.

Damn, are you srs? They don't have Ironside? I saw the Blacklist gameplay video without sound, I was absolutely sure he was going to do the voice over for this game.

THEY NEED THIS GUY. He is the fucking staple of the Splinter Cell series. PAY HIM MONEY, give him bishes, drugs and liquor, I want that strong alpha voice-over(no homo) when I'm popping heads with my Inspector-Gadget toys.

Damn, are you srs? They don't have Ironside? I saw the Blacklist gameplay video without sound, I was absolutely sure he was going to do the voice over for this game.

THEY NEED THIS GUY. He is the fucking staple of the Splinter Cell series. PAY HIM MONEY, give him bishes, drugs and liquor, I want that strong alpha voice-over(no homo) when I'm popping heads with my Inspector-Gadget toys.

Couldn't agree more. And there's no GOOD reason why he can't be still on this thing. None.

http://kotaku.com/5915822/inevitable-movement-to-restore-splinter-cells-voice-actor-begins-will-fail

http://kotaku.com/5915764/michael-ironside-isnt-sam-fisher-anymore-this-other-guy-is

Back