Splinter Cell Blacklist - Everything Explained

Spies have guns in MP. Think its safe to say the Spy vs Merc mode is a joke already.

But I remember hearing it does have the classic mode too. So who knows.

Ehhh...looks like they are trying too hard to appeal to the CoD demographic. I don't think we'll ever see anything as badass as Chaos Theory.

Also, no more Michael Ironside makes me sad.

I'm sorry but the moment I heard Michael Ironside wasn't making a return as Sam Fisher and they instead chose some late 20-something year old to play Sam Fisher I lost all interest immediately.

As I've said before, if you use someone to play Sam Fisher that is 20 years younger than the character and sounds nothing like him then it isn't Sam Fisher. I would have been MORE than OK if they had made the main character a different person. Someone new to Third Echelon...but they didn't.

This alone makes me totally not interested in this game at all. It's like if they made the voice actor for Homer Simpson some old Jamaican dude. Just isn't the same. Chaos Theory will be the last great Splinter Cell game.

R.I.P.

Edit: LOL! Just watched the video...wow...you have to pay for upgrades? Well that's fucking stupid. I'm a one man army being sent it to stop a nationwide threat yet I have to pay for upgrades? Government spends billions a year on the military yet they can't give who I'm working for a few million to make my job easier and make me more effective? Really sounds like they want me to save the country!

This is as dumb as having to mine in Mass Effect 2! I'm helping the worlds largest corporation to stop an alien race killing everything in the galaxy yet I can't get some fucking minerals to put guns on my ship and instead have to mine them myself.

What a joke...

Last edited:
It's not Splinter Cell any more but I think it's going to be good in its own right.

It's not Splinter Cell any more but I think it's going to be good in its own right.

This. Splinter cell as a series has gone away from it's roots so much it should just be titled a whole other franchise. I'm sure the game will be fun or have some noteworthy merits but it is splinter cell in name only and not in gameplay.

Conviction was the biggest pile of steaming shite and I can only assume that this one is going to be about as rediculously bad as well.

And when was the last time you could even remotely trust a fucking trailer?

I'll probably pick this up on a big sale, but it's not a day one purchase for me for sure. I guess we'll see what the reviews say.

I'm pretty excited about this. Disappointed that Michael Ironside isn't cast in this and will be missed. Here is a quick video that explains why he isn't in it. Just fast forward to 2:40 to get the answer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hEaDQ-dMtI

OK this explains why the change in the actor doing to mo-cap...but they couldn't dub the voice? They say doing it this way is having the actor actually play the part so they sound more realistic. Well, isn't that the point of a voice ACTOR. Either way they should have changed the character.

To me this is like changing the voice actor for Batman from Batman The Animated Series from Kevin Conroy to someone that sounds completely different half way through the series. It just doesn't work.

Meh...whatever...I'm going to skip this game anyways.

Back