Spilled a soda in my Deck Ice!

Gmok Bonecrusha

[H]ard|Gawd
No matter what I do, I can't get the shift key to feel the same again. Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you have ice in it?

I'd squirt some DeOxit in there.
414FDvqg8eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye...took the keys off. The good news is the way it is built underneath, the tonic pretty much just stayed off the switches. Except that one key. Dried it out. Used some alcohol and canned air. The shift key after the alcohol scrubbing with a toothbrush seems fine. But reverts back to sticking. I don't see how to remove the switches to really get in there. They look pretty fragile.

Will try and find some Deoxit. ANYTHING but spending another 200+ bucks on a keyboard.

Dammit!

I believe they have a 1 year warranty on their keyboards. That's something to try if it's not past a year old.

I believe they have a 1 year warranty on their keyboards. That's something to try if it's not past a year old.

Not to be an ass but, he broke it, manufacture should not cover this.

If he broke the keyboard over his knee when some noob fragged him should the manufacture cover that too?

Not to be an ass but, he broke it, manufacture should not cover this.

If he broke the keyboard over his knee when some noob fragged him should the manufacture cover that too?

I don't really care one way or the other, I was merely suggesting an option. It depends mostly on the lenience of their customer service. Logitech, for instance, would be likely to replace your stuff for the absolute stupidest of reasons. They are incredibly lenient when it comes to RMA policy.

Ever since I got my Frost tactile, I stopped eating and drinking near my beloved keyboard.

Thou shalt not place drinks near the Deck!

Seriously, my ToXic is my little baby. I love it more than I love my girlfriend. I hope you have learned a valuable life lesson here OP!

Last edited:
In Soviet Russia when you spill Vodka on the Keyboard You Throw It In The Fireplace!

No Ice though. Dilutes the alcohol.

Budem zdorovy!

They fixed the keyboard no problem, for no charge. Adam even noticed one of the LED's was off on the backspace key, and replaced that also.

Didn't get the name of the rep I spoke with on the phone, but she was polite and helpful.

They have a customer for life.

That is awesome! I love Deck even more now :D Just wish they had more products.

Ever since I got my Frost tactile, I stopped eating and drinking near my beloved keyboard.

I just ordered a Frost tactile too! I will stop eating by my keyboard as soon as it gets here. In the meantime OM NOM NOM NOM.

I popped all the keys off my saitek eclipse for cleaning before my Deck came in and I found so many crumbs, hairs, chocolate, and an odd chunk of fried chicken in there.

I guess the lesson of this thread is to keep sticky liquids away from your beloved keyboard.

Back