Spider-Man: Homecoming Score Will Be Composed By Michael Giacchino

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I haven’t seen Doctor Strange yet but have heard good things about its soundtrack. Those of you who liked it will probably appreciate the music for the upcoming Spider-Man film as well, as it will also be composed by Michael Giacchino. We’ll also be hearing his work in Rogue One.

If you’re among the crowd who ventured to see Doctor Strange this weekend, then you heard composer Michael Giacchino bring his musical talents to the Marvel cinematic universe for the first time ever. However, it won’t be his last collaboration with Marvel Studios. While taking part in a Q&A following a screening of Doctor Strange at the University of Southern California, Kevin Feige accidentally dropped some news about Spider-Man: Homecoming. The Marvel chief offhandedly mentioned that Michael Giacchino was on board to compose the Spider-Man Homecoming score, and quickly questioned himself, ““We announced that, right? I really hope we announced that.” Well, Mr. Feige, that hadn’t been announced, but now it’s been double confirmed.

latest

Reactions: blkt
like this
The music to Dr. Strange is pretty forgettable. The music to the TRAILER is pretty great.

Another Spider Man reboot?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/

Is there a schedule for these things I'm not aware of?

Will there be another Superman reboot in 2 years or so as well?

You see, there was this movie called Captain America: Civil War. Now, it was some small movie that really nobody seen and didn't do that great so I understand that you never heard about it. But in that movie they introduced Spider-Man...

In all seriousness. Yes they are rebooting it again in a way. They are NOT doing another origin story, they introduced him in Civil War. Tony Stark made him his Spider-Man suit and they have all that taken care of now so this will be us jumping back into the world of Spider-Man but with different people playing the roles. While Sony still owns the rights to the movie Marvel is taking the character away from them slightly. Marvel is making the movie part of the MCU unlike the other movies that were made, Iron man will have a small part in the movie along with maybe one or two other characters, Marvel is co-producing the movie, and will distribute the movie. This all came about after the Sony hack when it was released that Marvel tried to buy the character back to have him in Civil war and the next Avengers movie. At that time Sony told them to fuck off, fans got pissed once they heard about that so Sony did an 180 and came to a deal where they would let the character be used in the movies and also let Marvel assist them in making the future movies. This was announced with the rest of the movies in this phase of the MCU.

marvel-phase-3.jpg

Since Marvel is involved I would expect the movie to be better than the last versions. the kid they brought in this time did a good job as Spider-Man in Civil war so many feel he will do good. That said Marvel is not 100% in charge of the movie so Sony could still do some damage, but from how it sounded Marvel should have just enough pull to keep that from happening.

So yeah, having seen the (pretty forgettable but not bad) Civil War, The new Spiderman looks cool? I mean, he's just a more modern version of Toby McGuire's rendition. Toby's first two Spiderman movies were alright, but I'm wondering how they will make the new movie(s) necessary?

Many people forget Michael Giacchino did the soundtrack for MOH:AA - one of the best soundtracks in a game that I have ever heard.

So yeah, having seen the (pretty forgettable but not bad) Civil War, The new Spiderman looks cool? I mean, he's just a more modern version of Toby McGuire's rendition. Toby's first two Spiderman movies were alright, but I'm wondering how they will make the new movie(s) necessary?

I rather enjoyed Civil War and I thought they spent the right amount of time introducing the 'new' Spider-Man, given the constraints of the medium. My son was bored through the movie. He absolutely loved Batman vs Superman though, which I thought was rather forgettable bordering on bad, but I am reserving final judgement until I work my way through my backlog of movies and spend some time digesting the extended edition cut of the film.

As to the heart of the matter, a movie soundtrack is almost a lost art in my opinion. There are some good film-score composers out there and I think Giacchino is one of them. Hopefully he'll continue to put that last piece of the puzzle in place that makes movie watching that much more immersive and enjoyable.

Giacchino is over-rated...his best score was for the TV show LOST...his movie soundtracks haven't been anything special...he's no John Williams

Back