Spider Man Drone Uses A Net To Catch Other Drones

Pretty sure it hit the ground and they didn't fly it high enough for this test. It mad me chuckle. :)

I would still think that a low powered jammer preventing control or navigation of/by the target drone would result in either the target drone landing or running out of juice and landing. I would think this would be less destructive and less of a chance that the captured drone could fall on something or someone. Also, any sensors on the drone would be pretty much shut down or no longer able to transmit back home so the jammer would shut down any data feeds.

It's just an issue of using just enough power that you have to get close to over-ride the signals and getting close and staying close so responsive tracking and following of the target.

I would still think that a low powered jammer preventing control or navigation of/by the target drone would result in either the target drone landing or running out of juice and landing. I would think this would be less destructive and less of a chance that the captured drone could fall on something or someone. Also, any sensors on the drone would be pretty much shut down or no longer able to transmit back home so the jammer would shut down any data feeds.

It's just an issue of using just enough power that you have to get close to over-ride the signals and getting close and staying close so responsive tracking and following of the target.

I hear there are good results with shotguns as well. ;)

...and footballs, fishing rods, eagle, monkeys...

These run on 5.8 or 2.4 ghz so signal jamming would be easy. I would think they would want to track back to the controler which is the hard part as these can fly in excess of 4 miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3QxHUxtIy0

If you wanted to track back to the controller just develop a drone for direction finding on the signal. Fly perpendicular to the direction the signal is coming from and keep sampling the signal, you'll quickly locate the source location given the usual ranges involved, less then 10 miles distant would just require something like a 2 or 3 mile track. It would narrow down the intercept location pretty fast. Use the jamming drone to down the offending Drone and you have everything you need for the Sheriff.

But for me, more importantly is just being able to neutralize the drone or chase it off. Some think the world is going to have drones running everywhere and it might. Creating a fence to keep away the un-wanteds is probably the best most can hope for.

These are so god damn stupid it defies reality

Just have a drone hang two strings, fly it over the other drone, when the drones propellers snag it they get torn off the attacking drone and the other drone is shelved

This is overthinking the wheel tenfold

I don't know if that would work or not, but frequently the simplest approach is the best choice.

If you wanted to track back to the controller just develop a drone for direction finding on the signal. Fly perpendicular to the direction the signal is coming from and keep sampling the signal, you'll quickly locate the source location given the usual ranges involved, less then 10 miles distant would just require something like a 2 or 3 mile track. It would narrow down the intercept location pretty fast. Use the jamming drone to down the offending Drone and you have everything you need for the Sheriff.

But for me, more importantly is just being able to neutralize the drone or chase it off. Some think the world is going to have drones running everywhere and it might. Creating a fence to keep away the un-wanteds is probably the best most can hope for.

Jamming would be great, if some of these drones weren't crazy smart. Lose it's signal, it just does whatever it was preprogrammed to do before. Be it hover in place, fly back home, or whatever.

These are so god damn stupid it defies reality

Just have a drone hang two strings, fly it over the other drone, when the drones propellers snag it they get torn off the attacking drone and the other drone is shelved

This is overthinking the wheel tenfold

You're underthinking it. The point of this is to prevent the intruding drone from potentially dropping onto someone's head or through the windshield of a very expensive car.

I would've liked to see them wrap the line around something for cleaner deployment.

I'm actually seeing a new sport develop here - Drone Wars!

There is an event hosted near me every year where they do this. Two go into a giant cage and last one flying wins. It is done tournament style so there are plenty of these already in existence that would easily be able to defeat nets and strings etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q1BQG8Vm1A

The event is called Game of Drones.

Kinda wish I had the money to do this.

Back