Spicy Horse Studios Is Closing

HardOCP News

[H] News
American McGee has announced that the Shanghai studio of Spicy Horse Games is closing its doors. McGee, best known for American McGee's Alice and his days at id Software, says he is turning his focus to indie development and will continue to publish small titles under the Spicy Horse brand from his sailboat. Yup, you read that correctly, he said sailboat.

After more than 10 years, 10 games, tons of wonderful memories. The Shanghai studio of Spicy Horse Games is closing its doors. The company itself will remain intact, and we'll continue to operate existing games online. At our peak, during development of Alice: Madness Returns, the studio contained 85+ people. These days we're down to just 6, and it feels like a good time for a radical shift. I'm going to turn my focus to indie development and will continue to publish small titles under the Spicy Horse brand. Much of this work will be done in a challenging new environment - aboard my sailboat, bobbing around the S.E. Asia region.

Sailboat, must be living the life.

I really enjoyed Alice: Madness Returns. Gameplay was decent but it was the story that really drew me in.

"Hey guys it is me American McGee! I have run two companies in to the ground, but I am giving you the once in a life time opportunity to fund me living in a yacht and spending your money while making games you will never play!"

David Gilmour has made some of his best music from his houseboat, Astoria. I say more power to him !!!

Astoria (recording studio) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Astoria_%28P%C3%A9niche%29.jpg

I guess we now know why his company went belly up.

He's saiiiiiiiiiiling...............

0208fe6767a7c1fd83534549cca58780.jpg

Sailboat, must be living the life.

I really enjoyed Alice: Madness Returns. Gameplay was decent but it was the story that really drew me in.

I bough it for mt wife on day one. We liked it for the most part. The sound was severely lacking, though. A little more effort in that direction would've been nice.

Back