SPICY and HOT: Free DivX Pro 6.6 today

It doesn't work in Vista and you only get the the DIVX Converter codec for 15 days.

It doesn't work in Vista and you only get the the DIVX Converter codec for 15 days.

Are you sure about the 15 days?
Because you get 15 day free trial without a serial number.

So if they are giving you a serial number dosent that mean its no longer a trial version but a full version?

I applied for this and received my serial number in the mail today, i have yet to input it into the program. It took a day for the thing to arrive in my mail, and i had to filter it out of the junkmail box where it was found.

I saw in another forum people saying that everyone receives the same serial number, and that its one thats already well known on the internet, I cant confirm this as i havent compared my serial number to any posted one yet.

I hopped in on this the last time they did this offer and didn't receive any malware. The 15 days is for the MPEG-2 -> DIVX converter codec, the free key gives you the player and other goodies for free instead of the normal charge.

I'll bite. Wish me luck, boys. If I don't come back it means my computer was obliterated by spyware/malware.

FYI the Mac version is free today also.

I installed it, everything's fine so far (ran ClamX against it, came up clean)

Just wondering. When DivX really got popular, wasn't it distributed with GAIN? Maybe that was something else. It being free always brings a little concern.

Yeah, that was the Pro version 5. But like I said above. It was clearly in the EULA and the user had a chance to say "No".

Yeah, that was the Pro version 5. But like I said above. It was clearly in the EULA and the user had a chance to say "No".

You mean this:

DivX Pro EULA said:
[FONT=&quot]BANNERS: the Software will download product banners and/or similar marketing devices from our servers and display them within the Software GUI. A message will be sent to our servers indicating that a banner or similar marketing device has been served. No personal information will be communicated to DivX, Inc. or its affiliates during this process.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SOFTWARE INSTALLATION: Components bundled with the Software may report to Licensor and/or its affiliates the installation status of certain marketing offers, such as toolbars, and also generalized installation information, such as language preference and operating system version, to assist Licensor in its product development. No personal information will be communicated to DivX, Inc. or its affiliates during this process. Licensor may in the future offer additional components (such as a toolbar) through our version checking/update system.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]DIVX PLAYER INSTALLATION: During the installation of the DivX Player you may elect the option to send information about your computer system configuration to Licensor. This information is not personally identifiable and is used only to enhance the performance of the DivX Player on typical "DivX user" systems.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]MAILING SUBSCRIPTIONS: Components of the Software allow you to subscribe to Licensor’s e-mail newsletter and additionally to subscribe to receive messages from our partners. If you subscribe to either of these services you will periodically receive e-mail messages from Licensor. Your email address will not be provided to any third parties.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]AFFILIATE OFFERS: During the installation process you may be offered software components on behalf of Licensor's affiliates. Such offers are optional and do not affect your use of the Software or your eligibility for trials and product registration. Installation and use of affiliate software is subject to the terms of use and privacy policy set by the affiliate for their products.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]MOZILLA FIREFOX: During the installation process you may be presented an affiliate offer for Mozilla Firefox. The Mozilla Firefox License is appended to our EULA. By accepting an offer to install Mozilla Firefox you agree to the terms and conditions of the Mozilla Firefox License.[/FONT]

Privacy Policy

Just Between Us

Your privacy is very important to us at DivX, Inc. (“DivX” or “We”). We don't collect a lot of personally identifiable data about you, what We do collect is used only for limited purposes, and We will not share it with third parties except as provided below.

The "except as provided below" is a very long read, so you'll have to go through that on your own. Easy to read way is to copy and paste into a doc file.

Enjoy your "free" copy of DivX Pro. :rolleyes:

Back