Spent the evening playing 3d console games on a friends 50" Samsung 3d TV....OMG!

Works

Yer lets all stick with vhs, cassette walkmans, nokia 7110s and 20" crt Tvs, commodore 64s, windows xp, and massive 2.0 stack systems with huge speakers you grumpy old shit!!:p:p You sir are being archaic when it suits!!

Never called DVD bad. Never called CDs bad. Never called Win7 bad. Never called new things bad. I made a distinction between new things for the sake of advancement - optical vs tape formarts; and advancement for the sake of selling everything again - 3D TVs, BluRay/HD DVD/Downloadable vs DVD (I hesitate to put downloadable in there, but I think it belongs given the shitty DMCA rules)

Not everyone can use a games controller/ smartphone/ mouse/ handheld consoles etc.

How does this apply to my post? Never called the Wiimote, Move or Natal/Kinect silly or gimmicky. I think they are, but for totally different reasons non-related to my posts in this thread. This isn't an issue I'm arguing here; if you want that arguement, start a thread for it :)

Heck theres probably morebluray players out there than nintendo wiis and 360s combined.

When you do like Sony did and call every PS3 a BD player, maybe...but that's not fair. The real statistic would be PS3s being used as BD players.

You stick with the old shit, ill enjoy new technology and get a better experience out of high def, 3d tv, mobile phones etc......i wanted a bigger tv so i got a 50" 3d one that cost a couple of hundred more than the 2d equivalent, now im all set for 3d and it wont cost me anymore at all!!

Fine; you go ahead and buy the new stuff. I mean, I bought a plasma. By your definition, that's old, I should have spent 3,000 instead of 1,000 to get a thing 25 pound LED LCD. But I bought a plasma, enjoy amazing blacks, and I enjoy saving hundreds. Hundreds that I can invest now, or spend on...oh, some new speakers.

And where on earth did I mention mobile phones? Where? That's a non-issue here. I've got an iPhone...I tried android and hated it, and I'm eyeing WP7. Hardly holding on to my flip phone.

I'm arguing that 3D is a gimmick, and in doing so pulled in BluRay. You're trying to pull in gaming consoles, mobile phones and every other electronic device out there...I really don't understand how those apply.

Come on thats a silly point, the same could have been said about the current gen anything in its infancy!!

No. There are things with promise, then there are things that are gimmicky. The 3DS is borderline gimmicky, but interesting. MP3 players saw immediate potential. Same for CDs and DVDs. I'm not making blanket statements here, you are.

So let me get this straight.....

Because geeks don't buy it and because the economy is in a recession we are wrong to spend our money on what we personally want and therefore should fit in line with your thinking that 3D is in fact the devil's spawn and utter shite? I love your generalisation, but the first thing your doing wrong is assuming you know other people's financial situations or general life choices.

You can't afford it or don't want it, that isn't bad or wrong that's you and your situation, flatly saying it's crap without playing the best it currently has to offer is. If someone had just played a variety of MS tracks and turned round and said, 'you know what....it just isn't working for me' for whatever reason, then cool, your choice......but to come on suggesting its crap because geeks don't buy it/it's too expensive and the economy is in recession/the sun isn't in the correct position in the sky doesn't fly with me. The fact is no-one I know has gone away underwhelmed.....even my bro in law, who actually spouts most of this generalisation bullshit ad verbatum for pretty much every new thing. Christ I remember when I bought my imported jap DC on day one......

How does anyone know if the 3DS does or does not work? The final version isn't on the shelves. I hope it is good, looking forward to Mario Kart and SSF4 but I'm not professing to know the future as I haven't tried it.

Ok. I'll admit one thing to you. I spent well as I, my friends and my family enjoy it. It's that simple at the end of the day. Watched Rambo in 3D last night, quite an impressive 2D>3D conversion...... :cool:

Last edited:
Does anyone here wear prescription glasses like me? are we forced to use contacts for 3d or is there a hybrid prescription/3d lens we can use?

That is where my hatred of 3D comes from. I hate that it is now "Yo dawg, I herd you wear glasses, so I put glasses in yo glasses".

My wife wears prescription glasses and the Samsung 3d ones fit over her normal ones fine, it was something she was a bit worried about.

Obviously different brands have different styles (something I do think is wrong with the home version) so it may and probably will differ depending what's about, also the style of your own glasses will have an impact too but it's by no means a straight 'you wear glasses therefore 3d glasses won't fit.'

Back