Speeds

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
I've check some benchmarks, and skimmed the forums.. now I still need some help. Right now I own a x800 Pro... I'm returning it tonight :eek: and plan on getting a 6800 GT.

Of course I will be OCing to Ultra speeds. I know the GT's stock core is 350mhz .. (AHHHH LOW), but what is the Ultras stock core speed ? Meaning, how fast can I get this GT up to ?

My x800 Pro stock was 475 but I got it up to 530 no problem. Thanks for you help... welcome a new Nvidia customer :)

The ultra's core is clocked at 400 Mhz.

Many reviews have shown this is easily obtainable and surpassable.

I've read several review and benchmarks... so.. a 6800 GT running at 400mhz (core) can out perform a x800 Pro running at 530 ?

edit.. what Program should I use to OC my 6800 GT ? I'm used to ATi.. and ATi Tool.. so I'm a bit new to nVidia.... thanks

Xrave said:
The ultra's core is clocked at 400 Mhz.

Many reviews have shown this is easily obtainable and surpassable.

I meant by obtainable and surpassable in regards to obtaining and surpassing 6800Ultra speeds.

You might want to check out this review with their "virtual" 6800Ultra.

For overclocking you can use the utility that comes with the video card or the Coolbits registry hack (which I use).

theNoid said:
I've read several review and benchmarks... so.. a 6800 GT running at 400mhz (core) can out perform a x800 Pro running at 530 ?

edit.. what Program should I use to OC my 6800 GT ? I'm used to ATi.. and ATi Tool.. so I'm a bit new to nVidia.... thanks
I used ATi tool, im getting incredible #s, $70 worth of cooling for the card arrives monday, ill post my thoughts after i slap all of it on :p

Back