SpeedFan crashes my PC!!

serialtoon

Limp Gawd
Why is that? Is my mobo not supported? It crashes my PC everytime! Is there any alternate apps that allow you to control fan speeds?

I think you can tick an option in speedfan so it will not scan certain sensors, as that is most likely why it is crashing on your pc, it will probably be scanning a certain sensor and it is having problems thus your lockup/crash.

if you can get into speedfan see if their is an option to unselect certain sensor's to scan, it has been a while since I used it myself, but I do seem to recall something about unselecting sensors to prevent crashes and lockups.

apart from that, I dunno whatelse could be the problem.

Yea when its loading up it scans sensors....but it reaches the same one that makes it crash. Is there some kind of safe mode to enter? change options?

I dont know, maybe you should goto the speedfan website and see if you can get any help there or email the maker with your mobo specs and see if he has a fix for you, their maybe is a console mode for speedfan but I honestly dont know :(

Speedfan crashes itself with my Abit AN8 32X. It's (purportedly) a common incompatibility.

Dunno about your motherboard, though.

Any other monitoring apps out there? Motherboard Monitor doesnt seem to my mb on thier list.

I think i did try everest and it wouldnt start also. I might be confusing it with something else, ill try it tonight when i get home.

Welcome to the club, it crashes my A8N32SLI Deluxe but only if I have Core Temp open.

http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/download/download_utility_detail.php?pFILE_TYPE=Utility&pMAIN_TYPE=Motherboard&pTITLE_ON_SCREEN=IB9&pSOCKET_TYPE=LGA775

That's a link to Abit's website. Download the program there called Abit EQ and that should allow you to monitor your temperature and fan speed settings. (That is, provided we're talking about the computer in your sig.)

Thx dude! Im gonna try it out once i get home. Im currently at work and the PC in my sig is my current.

I just tried installing this and although it did install correctly, i keep getting an error when i start it up. It states i need to have Admin privelages to run it (Win Vista Ult) which is odd because i AM THE ADMIN! What is up with all this Abit software?? I just wanna control my fans and check out my CPU temps...is that so much to ask????

Odd, SF is fine for me but coretemp crashes the system everytime.

Other apps you can use but both only measure tjunction:
Coretemp
TAT

What is tjunction? Read this thread which is all about C2D temps.

Welcome to the club, it crashes my A8N32SLI Deluxe but only if I have Core Temp open.

It works fine on my A8N32.... But I have occasional lock up during windows startup and I think it may be related to speedfan... I have no solid evident now so I will give it the benefit of doubt.

For Windows Vista, if you right-click there should be an option to "Run As" which will let you run as the administrator account. Vista's security is a little complex and I haven't quite figured it all out yet, but apparently your administrator accounts isn't really ever a total administrator account.

Motherboard Monitor doesn't list my 680i either, but I'm running it. I had to find 2 plugins to get cpu and gpu temp, but now it works great!

Even when i run it as admin, as in right click and choose, "Run as Admin" it still doesnt work and it still asks me to login as an admin. Funny thing is, when i first installed this app when i bought the board, it worked fine. Now it refuses to.

Back