Speedfan and Temperature Readings on a P5W DH

Ryck

Limp Gawd
Okay I just loaded up speedfan and it is showing me 3 temps

Temp 1 : 35C
Temp 2 : 22C
Temp 3 : 56C

Now what in the world is Temp 3?

I loaded up core temp and orthos for about 2 hours and the CPU Temps were around 50C

Asus Prob put my CPU Temp at around 37C, MB Temp around 35C underload

So Im a little confused at where this temp is located at.

Any help would be appreciated.

I just got off the phone with asus tech and they said that it was an erroneous reading (apologies if I mispelled that word) and that if I am not experiencing stability issues and such, it is okay. They said I should just check the MB temp in BIOS and that would be the most accurate indicator, I could get of the temp sensors.

What is your guys opinion on this?

Reading the speedfan forums, there's an "AUX" temp indicator on the most recent release which always shows a wrong reading - and does not actualy correspond to any part.
My MB temp was 40-45C,
CPU temp 31C
HD temp - 30C
HD2 temp - 30C
AUX temp - 68C

Obviously there's something off here. My cpu temp in bios is 30C, MB 40C. Video temp through NV app shows 40C. I have no idea what the AUX could be - assuming the forums are correct and it does not correspond to anything else. Hope so anyway =)

Well I tried everast and here is what it tells me :

Motherboard : 35C
CPU : 23C
CPU#1 : 36C
CPU#2 : 40C
GPU DIOD : 38C
and then the 2 hard drive readings.

So this does not report the auxillary reading, this is interesting

whats the link to the speedfan forums?

Iam using a Asus A8n-E and i want it to control my case fans as well as my CPU fan. Ive tried the tutorial that comes with speedfan and nothing.... what gives?

sagus said:
Reading the speedfan forums, there's an "AUX" temp indicator on the most recent release which always shows a wrong reading - and does not actualy correspond to any part.
My MB temp was 40-45C,
CPU temp 31C
HD temp - 30C
HD2 temp - 30C
AUX temp - 68C

Obviously there's something off here. My cpu temp in bios is 30C, MB 40C. Video temp through NV app shows 40C. I have no idea what the AUX could be - assuming the forums are correct and it does not correspond to anything else. Hope so anyway =)

I am curious too as to what that 3rd reading means, it is very high and worrysome.
Just look at mine here and see for yourself.

Anyway, anyone finds how to cool that really hot running mobo, let me know. As it is I am considering water cooling, even just to keep running without OCing anything.
I wish I could return this lousy P5W DH and grab as better, cheaper mobo.

One thing for sure is I should have gone the AMD/BFG way instead of the over priced, under performing Intel/ATI combo.

This sytem is Intel based, it's my first Intel machine and absolutely my last.

Hi all,
I wonder whether we ever got to the bottom of this.
I have now the same issue on my server: temp3 gives a reading of 82°: something is boiling in my server and I do not know what.
Should I be worried?
Thanks

Back