Speed.io - a new test

I usually do multiple tests every week or so in sequence. That Salt Lake City circuit is one fat pipe - I've had peaks of 38 Mbps (because of PowerBoost, of course, but even so). The connection right here in Las Vegas isn't even that fast and SLC is like 300+ miles away. One fat pipe indeed... ;)

Seems like their servers aren't fast enough, or I guess it's because they don't have a server here. Only getting:

Getting 95/90 Mbit to Swedish speedtests.

You guys can take your super speeds someplace else. I didn't specify and max speeds or something, maybe it can only handle so much. Either way i know speed.io isn't accurate for me, and neither is speedtest.net.

If you want the KING of all speedtest sites, and not just one either, then this is it:

http://netspeed.stanford.edu/

It offers more useful info than any other speedtest out there, including connection related statistics, where the slowdowns might be, packet analysis, and it even has links to Internet2 sites if you happen to the be on that ridiculously fast network.

Scroll down the page and find a site "close" to you and have at it. There's no better test out there...

running 10s outbound test (client-to-server [C2S]) . . . . . 972.0kb/s
running 10s inbound test (server-to-client [S2C]) . . . . . . 9.30Mb/s

speed.io.png

Wow tried this at work... it says that my UL speed of 12Mbits are slow... WTF?

finally got around to checking out the settings on my new router, went from this

speed.io.png

To this
speed.io.png

I had some traffic shaping settings way wrong in the router set up, tweaked those and its working much better. I hate speedboost, I'd rather see my actual download speed than what icy speed is for the first 30 seconds or so

BTW: Router is a DLink DIR-825

Seems odd in "rating" your results...it calls my upload at the office "poor".

Hmmm...N'Kay...13 megs up is "poor"?

I'm on a slice of OC-3 in our building

Back