Speed.io - a new test

speed.io.png

That's a neat site. Thanks for sharing!

speed.io.png

323253416.png

8mb down, Speedtest has been giving me shitty results lately.

I've come to the conclusion that there is no reliable way to test my speed. I've done numerous speed tests from 100 different sites at 100 different times and they're too varied to get an accurate idea of what my actual speed is.

speed.io.png

I've come to the conclusion that there is no reliable way to test my speed. I've done numerous speed tests from 100 different sites at 100 different times and they're too varied to get an accurate idea of what my actual speed is.

The best tests I found are the ones over at www.dslreports.com. These fancy graphics ones are nice to look at, but if you want actual results, use DSLReports.

Signed up with Optimum Boost and should take effect on Tuesday, though lately I have barely been getting above 4 Mb/s. :confused:
15/2 for now soon to be...hopefully 30/5 :D

The best tests I found are the ones over at www.dslreports.com. These fancy graphics ones are nice to look at, but if you want actual results, use DSLReports.

I've been a member since I first got cable from The Wiz in like 1999 or something. I've had luck with a few tests there but depending on the test they vary just as well.

I think the best thing to do is just download a large file from a server with a large backbone, while running bandwidth monitor pro. Quicktime trailers are pretty good. Did a few before and was peaking around 18000kbps.

I've been a member since I first got cable from The Wiz in like 1999 or something. I've had luck with a few tests there but depending on the test they vary just as well.

I think the best thing to do is just download a large file from a server with a large backbone, while running bandwidth monitor pro. Quicktime trailers are pretty good. Did a few before and was peaking around 18000kbps.

Yeah thats usually what I do, downloading ISOs from Microsoft I see 1.9MB/s which makes my 15/2 connection seem legit. I do a lot of uploads and I usually see the results of .20-.25MB/s. Speed tests vary a lot but they're a good estimate.

Thanks for the links, looks like i'm getting the advertised speeds of my Fios 20/5 plan

The local SpeakEasy server is giving me similar results.

Becasue a test looks pretty dosn't mean it good:
speed.io.png

This was during WiFi on my Craptop..and when does IPS learn to have their OWN speedtest, he further away you come from your ISP, the lower speed/ping you will get...

This is what happens to a DS3 connection with a few thousand users surfing the web. :mad:
Results from http://www.speed.io
(Copied on 2008-10-30 15:04:02)
Download: 3644 Kbit/s
Upload : 7439 kbit/s
Connects : 611 conn/min
Ping: 89 ms

I see a trend here, with maximum 10-11Mbit upload being measured...gonna suck when VDSL comes with profiles like 50/25Mbit...this test is not ready for that.

NOT IMPRESSED

I'm on 10/1.5 Fiber through AT&T

*EDIT*

2nd test...not much better

Back